Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thursday, making headway

 

I had an appointment this morning to get my soon to expire driver's license renewed. Then home to deal with Kelsa. She was so cranky last night.  E-GADS.  SHE PLAYED HARD ALL DAY WOULD NOT NAP AND THEN HAD DANCE LESSONS. Talk about a grouch.  I put her to bed early and she fell asleep thank goodness.  She is usually such a happy little thing. But now we know what lurks beneath that smile. 

Ran to the store last night to get milk and juice and raisin toast for Aunty.  My goodness raisin bread is pricy.  I am going to try and make some.

I bought chicken legs for .69 a pound limit one and I have them in the crockpot to make broth and some chicken salad. I am making a big pot of navy bean soup tomorrow with the ham bone I cooked last Sunday. 

The wedding dress I had to take the zipper out of fit perfectly and I was so happy.  I have so much hand work left on it, but I will wait until next week, as I have to get to the piles.  They are quickly taking over. I would really like to work in the yard tomorrow if it is nice.  There is so much to do on the rock project. 

I have a funeral on Saturday, and I really need to get up the hill to Signe's to help her with the house!


Always something.

Kim

12 comments:

  1. Glad the dress fit perfectly. Sounds like a big job to me.
    Hope you get to have some YOU time - you deserve it. You are so giving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed because I give so I really don't mind.

      Delete
  2. It is funny that you would rather be on a rock pile than sewing. You will fit right in with a chain gang busting up rocks.
    My youngest hit the terrible twos when she was almost four. It was awful. But, she was not awful very much. She just reached her limit. I sometimes when she was five fed her leftovers, bathed her and had her in bed by 5 pm. Other than the occasional breakdown, she was a smiling angel. I suppose Kelsa reached her limit.
    I think one of the reasons I sewed and altered things so well was that I despised having to redo anything. So, it made me very precise. But, I won't tell you about the time I serged a sleeve into a neck hole in a tshirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so done that before. Wish you were here I would put you to work!

      Delete
  3. Well, remember having Kelsa overnight, evenings, and bringing her to dance is helping your daughter. You can't do it all for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love being able to help my kids...sometimes?

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that the dress worked out. Kelsa was probably overtired and will be back to her sunny self very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raisin Bread: 1.5c warm water, 1.5c flour, 1.5c WW flour (I add more if too wet but always start here), 1.5tsp salt, as much cinnamon as you want, 2 tsp yeast (I use rapid) and then as much raisin as you want. YUM!

    ReplyDelete