Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday, Yesterday was plain awful!!!!!!


 I'm telling you I do not want to relive yesterday. Now on a scale of 1 to 10 it really was not that bad, just so aggravating. 

I had 10 pairs of pants to remodel for my little person, which is not an easy job. But doable. When I started out my machine decided it did not like the knit fabric of the first pair.  So, I switched to a knit needle, still hated them. I don't like to use a knit stich as it is so tiny and a double stitch at that.  Very slow.  (Linda, I know you are with me here).  But nevertheless, this was the only thing I could do. SO, I crawled through three pairs of pants, frustrated the whole entire time.

As I broke one of my sergers last week, I had to run it to the shop and see if it was worth fixing.  After three painstakingly slow pairs of pants, I needed a break.  Well of course it was not worth fixing compared to buying a new one.  Prices have really jumped as I knew they would. I ordered and paid for a new serger that thread automatically!!!!!  They had a good sale, and it was worth the price difference. Should be here in about a week.

In the meantime, William got the pukes at school and Nathan was called into work, so the kids were delivered just as I arrived home from the sewing machine store. Too much red dye at a birthday party and he was down. I went into shop and turned on my machine and it had cast out it's evil spirit and sewed fine!!!!!  Now what was that all about.  However, when you are down to one serger you have to keep rethreading back and forth which is a pain.

Nothing is more frustrating than equipment that won't work.  Whether it is a nail gun, or a computer. I was about to tear my hair out. Sissie called in the middle of it, and she could tell by my voice I was ready to blow. The kids were angels and that helped a lot..

Aunty finished her quilt top, and she was happy to be done with that project. She was over tired also.  We both quit about 5 and went into slug mode.  (No offence my dear Slugs)

By the way anyone who thinks Slugs and Dan should move here please vote!  My girls love them, and they are deniably plausible, so will be well cared for out west.  Airplanes can get you back east in about 5 hours. It is less expensive out here in many ways, plus just think of the trouble Slugs and Sissie and I could get into.  Anne comes out to Portland and that is only 6 hours away by car.  Oh, the fun that can be had.  Plus, the Dan's could fish, and mess around together.  I think it is a wonderful plan. 

Well, I had better get to work, the piles are a waiting, and the shop is a mess.


Kim

18 comments:

  1. If Sluggy is seriously considering moving, I think moving your way makes sense as their support network seems limited now. Lots of love and support by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jre I feel for you! I got the call last week Wednesday that daughter had need of a sitter for Thursday and Friday as both she and hubby desperately needed to work and baby was sick luckily they mostly work from home but she had to be in a long meeting on site. (Had to readjust my sitting for a 8 year old and have a 17 year old living with me the past three weeks as she’s not getting along with her mother, my daughter ( (I kind of get it!) so there and back late Friday but the those two parents both came down with it and hit me Friday night!! Ugh, hate stomach bugs so I wish you well. I’m just finally feeling better. With a total of 13 grandkids it’s always something. I’ve mentioned in another post I think I need to get less involved but not so much physically but emotionally/worried type. Let go let god? They’re all great kids but I now have 8 that are teenagers. Enjoy your little ones. A hug and a cookie makes them happy, later on not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to really enjoy these years, as the teenage ones not so fun.

      Delete
  3. Kim,
    I do understand sewing with a knit needle. I had two sergers, but one was only used for edging napkins. I tried to do all things of one color. But, working on one person's pants, I can know how all that thread changing could make a person crazy.
    I was throwing up this afternoon, right in my just-made bed. The red food color made him throw up? That must have been colorful coming up!
    It would be a fine idea for sluggy and Dan to move there if she can find healthcare for her unique problems. Otherwise, you all could have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually health care not too bad here. Major medical is only 1.5 hours away.

      Delete
  4. Boy, when it rains it pours. Hope today went better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kim that Sluggy and Dan should move out of Louisiana assuming, like the key point Linda just made, that she can find doctors for her issues. Moving would be a good adventure and has to be an improvement! Out west is wonderful! Kim, your little person seems to have huge numbers of clothes for you to alter…are they in the fashion business or just love clothes? I don’t think I have purchased ten pairs of pants in the past ten years,,,.Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad your machine decided to behave. I actually gave a serger to a friend as I didn't need two for the little sewing for myself I do. I don't really mind the stretch stitch but yeah it does take much longer to sew a seam.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly sorry you had such a rotten day. Sadly, some days are just like that

    But I learned from your post that there is such a thing as a self threading serger. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do t know if Sluggy can find doctors there, maybe in Salt Lake? But, at any rate, I think you and your twin would have a grand time with Sluggy if she moved nearby! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spokane has great medical and it is close. Also Seattle.

      Delete
  9. I am sorry you had to deal with a red dye tummy upset, along with the serger issue. Good news is on the horizon though__Hawaii beckons!
    I know you would have a blast if Sluggy moved there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, just think of the fun and the laughs. Mostly at her.... well okay at me.

    ReplyDelete