Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday, Getting warmer


 I know a one hour time difference should not be so hard but for some reason it is for me.  Or I am just using it as an excuse to stress myself out about not sleeping.  More likely the later.

It is a beautiful day here and I am so hoping it will stay that way and not overcast.

Most of the day will be spent on hand work, pants to hem, Wedding dress I should have worked on yesterday to finish.  I also want to pull the last wedding dress for May and get that done before I leave for Hawaii.

I really want to do some yardwork tomorrow if it is nice.

I am pretty proud of myself with the shop.  There is still lots to do considering I have to do a major amount of work next week for my model person.  Isn't that a great title?  Model person.

My house really needs love.  Like the cupboards and my closet.  But I will wait for Sissie to come and scream at me.  It helps a lot. I say a lot, a lot.

I am getting together Saturday night with friends and Auntie to celebrate St. Patrick's day.   Having corned beef and cabbage and I will make soda bread.  Then a nummy pistachio dessert.  We are going to play games and cards after dinner.  We must wear our funny hats as it is tradition. Then out come the Easter decorations!

There is only two weeks between St. Paddies and Easter this year so I am afraid the Easter will stay out longer. I guess spring can be bunnies and things, right?

The bulbs I planted last year are all coming up and I can hardly wait until they bloom. But we just need a little warmer days.

Kim 


16 comments:

  1. Work chores make money - house stuff can wait. It will still be there when you have the time.
    Have fun Sunday. Easter will be here before you know and so will spring. We are all so impatient!
    PS - I have friends in CO that have had 3 ft. of snow just today and it is still snowing! We are lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw those CO pictures. We are in highschool tournament season and there seems to be a big winter hit no matter how nice it's been one of those weekends.

      Delete
    2. Jre isn’t that true! Always at basketball tournament time. I remember several years ago a terrible blizzard at prom time!

      Delete
    3. Our ski resorts are very happy here it will be a late ski season. So someone is benefiting.

      Delete
  2. You always seem to be so busy. I just wear green on St. Patrick's Day and don't plan a bit meal other than what we usually have. Corned beef is really expensive up here. Now you said you have lots of nuts in your freezer.... All I can think of is baking with them, or eating a handful a day which is what we do with almonds.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am going to fill a glass jar with them to encourage eating and then do some baking. But then I eat the baking...

      Delete
  3. The warm days will come and then the hot days will follow. Not looking forward to summer temps.
    It takes me about 2 weeks to adjust to the time change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good so I am not alone. I love the fall but the spring you can have it.

      Delete
  4. It was 82F here in AL today with clear skies. There was pollen on my glasses after walking 40 feet or less to the car! It was so thick, I had to clean my glasses. Time change never affects me adversely. DST improves my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it actually improves mine also, but I just don't like what it does to my sleep.

      Delete
  5. The time change really hit me hard this year. Getting up at 4:30am was not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your St. Patrick's day celebration sounds fabulous! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun but I fed everyone too well and we all went into a food coma!

      Delete
  7. Our weather forecast is going from El Nino to La Nino... we are still in drought.
    I can't sleep as it is and when I can Charlotte (dog) can't sleep and gets me up. LOL

    House work can wait, if you worked away from home, you would probably have less house work LOL.

    Take Care Kim, let Sissie clean the house SMILING

    ReplyDelete