Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tuesday, Keeping it all straight

 I think the hardest part of my life is my confusion.  I get confused easily.  It is hard for me to keep things straight, with so much going on all the time.  I really think it would be for anybody, so I don't beat myself up too much.

I have three wedding dresses out and I have to keep track of what bags they go in, it is easy to lose track.  I have piles of pants and I have to keep tickets pinned to them that tell me what to do.

I have to get all the correct info on a bridal tag so I know what and where.  This is what Sissie will do for me.

I love to sew and create but I hate all the paperwork and organization that goes with it. 

I did get all the things the accountant needed delivered yesterday.  I had to wait for the State of Idaho to send paperwork.  So that is one thing off my mind.

I just contacted and made my last payment for our Hawaii trip this morning.

Doing book work or being in charge makes me nervous.  That is why traveling with Slug is so nice as she keeps me straight and in line.


Yikes do not put me in charge!!!


Kim

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have it all together to me girl. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. I have my appointment with my accountant on Monday next week. I am clueless about taxes and the break down this year. As my husband passed in January last year, he's still part of the taxes this year. More painful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I had a hard time going through everything. As Joel's funeral was in January, all the bills and the medical. Real teary.

      Delete
  3. You are doing very well, I could never do what you seem to be doing. Still waiting for few things before we can take our papers into the accountant. Some are really late this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what happened to the Jan 30 th deadline?

      Delete
  4. You’ve got systems in place, that’s the biggest help.
    I’m glad you and Sluggy have a trip soon

    Did you meet each through blogging or some other way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim is now a quasi-travel agent/leader taking a whole gang to Hawaii. I am not part of that trip. We met online through blogging and hit it off....and then I met Sissie and the rest is history.

      Delete
    2. Slugs is not going with me on this trip, dang. She would be lots of fun!

      Delete
  5. I am glad you do realize that other people would get as confused as you do. The book work is a separate job from the altering. I would rather alter than keep it all straight.

    Once, I was hemming pants. The owner had turned up the right amount, so I just kept turning up and measuring. Then, I cut. Imagine my shock when a hem piece fell off that had a cuff. I hemmed the pants without cuff before I found the cuff I cut off. So, I hemmed the pants. She looked at them and said they were fine. Whew!

    At least you know you need help with the quantity of sewing you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So if I keep you in line while traveling why aren't you traveling with me??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We took everything to the accountant yesterday. Because of a couple major appliance purchases with a tax credit we're actually getting money back. I can't remember the last time that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your life, days, and the responsibilities you take on are what causes the confusion. Learn to say no to a few things and the confusion will lessen.
    I hope the Hawaii trip is a wonderful respite for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I turned down three jobs this morning!

    ReplyDelete