Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday, Okay I am doing something...

Okay maybe therapy

 I did set my timer and actually got some things done.  Many things on the list yesterday were time consuming, like the mother of the bride dress that I had to take the sleeves out of and take up the neckline and then take the dress in.  The sleeves had to be hand stitched in before I could sew them on the machine as the were made of a thin tulle and lace.  This dress alone took over and hour.  

Then I had interruptions, like a bride and a couple of bridesmaids.  You know more work coming in, because I don't have anything to do. 

I did get the necktie cut out and pinned together last night so that is my first job for the day and then I can call the bride to pick up.


Setting my timer did help but after 4 hours I thought I would get more done.  I just have to take into account that I don't get to sew and not be bothered by anything.

Hubs is with Oliver today as we will also have him Friday and I refused to have three days of the week taken up with grandkids.  I do have my limits.  Hubs took the truck and 4 wheeler and will go scout huckleberries late this afternoon when Oliver's parents get home. This is an assignment for him as we need to pick this year.

We had eggroll in a bowl last night with cabbage, onions, and also fried green beans from our garden.  My friend brought me a couple of zucchinis as mine is just barely holding on right now.  We are getting tomatoes, so I am making a tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella salad for dinner along with BLT's.

I have done my daily assault of the squash bugs.  Spraying soapy water on the little buggers when I find them.  Plucking leave when I find eggs. I don't know if it is good thing that I find such satisfaction in killing these little pests....

Okay list for today:

1. finish tie.  The tie took an hour because it had to be invisibly hand stitched to close, so next time you buy a tie, know why they are so expensive. I guess if it had been silk it would have been faster, but it was a light cotton.

2. call bride for pickup after tie is finished that will get 4 things out of the shop

3. alter a shirt

4. line a dress

5. zipper in and hem camo clothes

6. mend a couple of items

7. bridesmaid dress

8. bridesmaid dress alter and hem

9. alter pants

10. start another wedding dress

I am going to set my timer and see what I can get done in an hour and report.  This does seem to make me more accountable, I think, maybe? At this point I will try anything short of a gun to my head.

Is anyone out there having a nice relaxing day?  Please tell me about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

18 comments:

  1. Well, my day is relaxing now ;). Got up, walked the dog, did half hour on the exercise bike, bought groceries and got gas, and then cleaned and vacuumed. We had lunch out, woohoo, and now I am done! 1:15 and a clear slate. I still have my to do list but since I vacuumed I may call it a day ;). Not sure my life is worth living vicariously but…lunch was a quesadilla with guacamole and salsa…two lunches cost $42 with tip, sigh, but the food was excellent…that might cheer you up ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a day like that. Good for you. Isn't it shocking how much eating out has become? I can't imagine trying to own a food based business right now.

      Delete
  2. My day is pretty relaxing, Kim. I walked to work in the hot sun (90+ degrees all week!), to my air-conditioned office. It's quiet today, although I had some finicky finance issues to resolve. After work, I will walk home again, do my blog, and make dinner (which is pizza). Then I'll chill out and watch TV with my hubs (and cat), and work a little bit on my latest art project. Oh, and I'll call my mom. Such a hard life (not!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a great life, but I know you work full time and that takes a lot out of you, plus you are a great daughter.

      Delete
  3. I bet that tie will be very cool- father of bride did you say? It's good that hubs can still do one child and that's fun for him/ both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs, it was a fun project. Hubs is a real help with the kids, he takes them to the park and he takes them outside to play so I can get work done.

      Delete
  4. Patience of a saint to do that tedious work. I could not do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a lot of patience for some things, but not for others.

      Delete
  5. I relaxed all the way through a five-hour nap that I sorely needed. Work I have done has been at my pace since the nap. You need an intake person or scheduled hours for your intake of new sewing. I know you could not use another person since you need to see and hear the problem for yourself. I love killing bugs! I heard of something called tanglefoot. Can you use that for bugs? The good bugs would have to learn to avoid it...lol. Now, I am putting a roast in the oven to have with a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby spent 8 hrs with a trash pump trying to remove cow poop from our pond.I spent 8 hrs weeding, harvesting and replanting in the gardens and then canned beets . That's just about as relaxing it gets this time of year. Though we got a mini break when the widow a couple houses down came over and asked for help. Her car battery was dead. Hubby dealt with it along with spraying her driveway for the weeds that were knee high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to stop and help a neighbor, but that is why you are so blessed my dear friend.

      Delete
  7. Work is a burning dumpster fire, & definitely not relaxing. Don't know if that's helpful or not. Don't live vicariously through me right now! I did have fun at spin class with my coworker - that was my highlight from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the salad idea! I have everything for that! Today I have laundry and the usual bed making, etc. I need to run Flynn into town for her art camp, and while she is there I am going to visit my mom. Then home to see who will be here for dinner! Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo, so nice you get to go see your mom. I was laughing yesterday remembering my mother. Her bedroom was right outside my blogging area. I would get up and blog and she slept late, so when I started to here movement I would open her door and holler, "Get a Job." She would always start to laugh.

      Delete
  9. I'm currently living in a hotel. Not fun! I am on a business trip with the hubs. Good news is that I brought along school and I only have two more subjects to plan for the school year.

    When hubs is super busy at work I remind him that it's job security. I won't tell you what his reply is. *smile* It's sometimes a little spicy and has a bite! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well living in a hotel can be nice and also claustrophobic for me. I hope it is the nice for you. Sorry hubs has so much stress.

      Delete