Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Tuesday, Happy Valentines Day!


 The new wing back chairs came in for Valentines Day.  They look really good with the sofa, but they looked more rust to me that burgundy/red also I think the room looks very dark now.  Although I love the chairs and the quality. 

Maybe I will have to switch the rug out to something lighter.  We will see. Still waiting on the kitchen flooring to call with a day that will be done.

Can't wait until all the mess is over.

Started the paperwork for Joel's investment accounts and it looks like I can just leave the money there and roll it to my name.  The problem one is his State retirement.  They have to take back January and February money and then give it back in my name.  Like I just have $3,800.00 dollars laying around in my checking account.  But it will all work out in the end.  It is because of taxes. The money has to be in my name. 

Everyone has paperwork that is being mailed to me and I have to fill things out and send back a death certificate. 

Kim has spent money, like a drunk sailor. Her income has been cut by $1000.00 a month and she has not been working or sewing like she should in order to bring in money. I have hospital bills from Joel in the thousands, but hopefully those will be paid, without much left.  We had no life insurance, as Joel had aged out of his plan and because of his tremors and health no one would cover him.  But I don't tell you these things because I am worried.  I am fine.  Things will all work out. I have enough to live on.  I have the skills to keep working, I just have to do it. :)  That my friends is the hard part.


I think the chairs look great with the sofa. I also love the blue bath towel on the arm of the sofa, so classy.

I am trying so hard to get on a schedule and I am failing, but I will try again tomorrow.

When I was at the dentist yesterday, he asked if I had any plans for the summer?  I wanted to shout, "SUMMER", I can hardly get through today."  But I didn't.

Slugs called yesterday and we had a nice chat.  I miss her.  She makes me laugh. 

Trying to stay afloat in more ways than one.


Kim

20 comments:

  1. I love your chairs, I do love wingback chairs and have several. Timeless. I think the paperwork is just horrendous, like a stab in the heart at each turn. I hope that will soon be over for you. I’m glad some pension goes to you. Some don’t. I know after 65 my state life insurance post retirement quit and was completely cost prohibiting even though I’m in fairly good health. You’re doing great, day by day isn’t it? Jre

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we can do is try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right and I am going to try and get some sewing done today!

      Delete
  3. You are making significant progress, although it may not seem like it day to day. Wrap yourself in a blanket and give yourself a pat on the back for tackling things a little bit at a time every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just wish I could be my old self, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

      Delete
  4. I love the chairs and the rug. The paperwork after a death is horrendous, I hear. You will get through it even though it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take the steps at the pace that you set. These first several months are full of loose ends, ends that need to be wrapped up, paperwork (sorry sorry sorry) and just remembering to look up and see the stars at night. Know that so many of us are out here wrapping our arms around you; we have no expectations ("So why hasn't Kim done this or that?"), just love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotten a lot of great feedback from commenters above me. You are doing this one day at a time, and navigating such a difficult phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could get my butt in gear in the sewing room.

      Delete
  7. you might want to check AARP for your self for life insurance. They used to cover more than other with term ins. I spent 2 yrs with paperwork from late husband, died in Feb so I had 2 yrs. of taxes , a negative estate, no insurance of any kind (hospital was more than the burial) and NO will...GRRR.
    I like the chairs. ... I thought the blue towel was like my fleece blue blanket on my couch LOL.
    Thanks for the reminder of paying money back... I know we would have to do that with SS. as the recent widow made that comment to E that she struggle for a few months due to that pay it back while paying for huge medical. Her hubby had 7 different cancers and had been fighting them for 13 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a trial, but it will all come out later and it will be fine.

      Delete
  8. What a pretty room! Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have faith you will be able to get back into a rhythm. I'm glad you have Sluggy to talk with. Sending much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful room! And you are doing just fine, my lovely friend. There is no timeline for this. You do you. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered the chairs through Home Depot. The sofa came from wayfair about 8 years ago. I love wingbacks as they are timeless.

    ReplyDelete