Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thursday, 2 happiness's

 

Thanks for all the positive comments yesterday.  SO good to have people who don't care how I am.

The piano tuner is here and I am listening to notes over and over again.

I love this picture of Roscoe and Schmills.  Roscoe is a puppy and Schmills about 3.


This morning the local herdsman had this backhoe out as he has been replacing fence posts around the cattle grounds.  Well, it is about 20 feet from my property line and Roscoe went out and barked at it for 45 minutes.  I finally made him come in. The kids always said he was on the wait list for Harvard.  So, when he went out again, I told him no barking. He just sat on the deck and stared at the machine for an hour.  Such a nutcase of a dog. I don't know if he thinks it is alive, and I do wonder what he would do if it was in action. I will soon find out.  But in the meantime, no big bad backhoes will be allowed on the property with him in charge.


Happy news!  Joel's pension check finally arrived, and I am in a much better place financially.  Halleluiah! Now if I can just get the 401k done (it is in the mail) I will be done with the BS.  Whoever knew death could be so aggravating.

  I was able to get another wedding dress done and out yesterday and also another ready for a fitting.  I went a got my nails done today, I have done all the laundry and I still have to run pick up a prescription. 

Happy News! I picked up my taxes and I did not owe!  I was sure I would owe this year as the shop was so busy.  But I am getting a very small return which is just fine by me.

So taxes done, piano tuned, sewing done, laundry done, ironing done.  Now just to pack and do a little house work.

Really it is just a few dishes, wipe down kitchen and vacuum the house. 

Don't forget packing!  The dreaded packing.  I think I had better start a list or I will forget something important, like a charger or meds or money.

I actually cleaned the car yesterday and even shampooed the back seat.  I still have a stain there and I am hoping the car people have a way to get it out.  It is just root beer. Grandkids!

So now all I have to do is run to Wal-Mart, the bank, vacuum and pack.  But it is now 12:30 I just fit a bride and I have the rest of the day to get these things done.  Might even sneak in a nap as I got up way too early.


I am really not sure if this is Slug and I or Sissie and Anne, but I am sure we have had this picture taken before.  Sluggy is so naughty.  I learn all my daring tricks from her.

I am off.  Will try and blog at daughters.

Love you all.

Kim

17 comments:

  1. So happy you got the retirement. Such a load off your mind. Yes, death is the most aggravating, everything about it. Have a wonderful and blessed time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so glad one of the items is now off your list. Hopefully the rest will not fall into place.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well suddenly a tsunami arrives of things finally getting done and completed! Congratulations, amazing accomplishments. Funny, it seemed like forever and poof, it is done. Glad the money finally arrived. Enjoy the time away ;). I look every day to see if you blogged. I just enjoy your writing, whether about sadness or Kelsa or the guard dog ;). You are a good writer and make whatever the topic is seem interesting. Temperatures in Phoenix are heading into the high 90’s next week, which has all of us locals sighing. My new house inspection was today, went fine, minor stuff to fix. Current house had showing. #8, no offers yet but it only day 10 on the market. Average days on market in Phoenix is 120. Happy time off ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you got the pension check, as well as you were super productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so happy you got the pension!!! Have fun on your trip. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news about the pension check! I know you'll get the 401K situation settled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound happier. Yay, you, for getting through the money BS! I wish you peace and calm days on your trip with some giggles thrown in for good measure!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea for two happinesses! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Getting the retirement is a big relief for you. And, owing nothing is great. I have kept a suitcase open to throw things in as I thought of them. Of course, I did make a list. Here's hoping you have forgotten nothing. Have fun. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy for you that you got the pension finally sorted. The money stress in top of just grief is enormous. Mines a different kind of money stress, but one more thing resolved- only after three hours long in person appointments, three additional phone calls, and rounds of notarized paperwork. I'm glad I can live off my salary alone right now and hopefully by the time I do retire, I'll have my mental capacity to deal with all the stuff I'll need to again. I'm just drowning in the house, yard, and other things left in limbo. It sucks. Enjoy your family this weekend. When is your trip again?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always tossed things as I thought of them in a suitcase plus did a list ALSO.
    Take a break, enjoy the family. Roscoe doesn't understand the "smell" from the back hoe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad a few things are finally falling into place for you. The added stress doesn't seem to be fair. That picture of your grandson is AWESOME!! I hope you're able to enjoy Easter a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delighted to read that some of the pieces, financial and otherwise, have fallen into place. (Or at least gotten out of your way.) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad positive things are happening for you (yeah pension payment! yeah no taxes owed!). What a great view off your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to see you again, Kim, and glad to hear that you're moving along. Hooray for getting your nails done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of you and yours 💕 Ricki

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m so glad you received Joel’s pension check. That would be a big sigh of relief for sure. Sending loving thoughts your way, Kim.

    ReplyDelete