Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wednesday, Trying, trying...

 

I feel bad about my posts, because I am so trying to stay upbeat and positive, and I am not so much of the time.

I really hate this, and I don't like me.

I like me happy and funny, not in tears all the time. This is just so hard.

Yesterday was so busy in the morning.  Constant phone calls and people. I had finished most of the little person piles, except for the outdoor hunting clothes.  When he came for pickup, I realized that his dress pants (6 pairs of them) were not fitting right due to weight gain.  He recently had back surgery. This is a constant for little people as they have severe curvature of the spine.  So, I needed to take out all of those pants I had mended and then try on his outdoor clothes with hunting and ski boots. It took about an hour to fit all his pants and get his outdoor gear cut to fit.  I will finish the outdoor things when I get back as they are for winter.  But I wanted him to have his dress clothes.

I realized after I had such a busy morning of not sewing but running and answering constant phone and door, that I was tired.  My cough came back with a vengeance Monday night, and I was up three times, and very worried that I was getting yet another infection.  I was just so physically tired.  I moped around all afternoon.  Got to talk to my Sissie.  Tried to nap.  Just an off day.  Lots of tears and feeling sorry for myself.  Struggling to decide whether to go to the doctor or not. I actually felt good yesterday physically, very little coughing. 

Finally, about 5:30 p.m. I got up as I could not sleep and made myself get my Easter baskets delivered to my friend. She will then deliver to some people in our church Saturday.  I talked to her for a while, and I felt better.  I came home and set my timer and altered all 6 pairs of those pants and a bridesmaid dress in less than an hour.  I then paid and wrote out all bills for month of April as I will be gone so much of it, and I got my meds all organized and actually finished (I hope) the last of the paperwork for Joel's 401k. 

I felt so much better.  I guess it really doesn't matter what time of the day you get your chores done does it? I slept great last night, up early to get bills and things in the mail and start my day.  It is sunny and that is such a big help for me. I am hoping that it will get warm enough for me to get out and deep clean my car's interior.

I have a little hand work on a bridesmaid dress to finish and then I need to press it and call client.  I want to get a good start on two more Wedding dresses today and I also have to mend and alter a few things for my trip.

When I was lying in bed trying to nap yesterday and just escape life, I took a pad of paper with me and just listed all the things I needed to do before I left.  Finally, at 5:30 p.m. I looked at list and actually started to make progress.  I am really proud to me. This is so hard.  Unless you are living it you might now understand.

Having SAM and Hilogene, send their sentiment's really helps as we are all just struggling with the same feelings and grief. I hate to say it is nice to have others who understand you, but when you love these people, it is also hard to know that they feel like you.  Because no one wants to feel this way.  We are sisters in the arms of grief. It is a crappy place to be.

I need to pick up meds later today and I made an appt. to get nails done tomorrow morning. I need to start packing and I hate packing.  I will put it off as long as I can.

Bear with me my friends, I am trying to get better.  Having you as my pack helps so much.  But I worry you grow weary of my missives. I know I am weary of feeling this way.

Kim

44 comments:

  1. No, it does not matter when you sew. Just sew when the spirit hits you. It is okay to be sad for a long time. That is how you know you are human. Is it diet Pepsi time? Doughnut time? Nap time? Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is diet coke and a donut is great any time.

      Delete
  2. Grieve to us as long as you need.
    If someone doesn’t want to listen then they don’t have to read it. Some family members of murder victims come back to me years and years later talking about their grief. It is ok. Everyone handles grief differently and for different lengths of time. I am really surprised the three of you are able to function as well as your are. You and Sam are working, and Hilogene is cleaning out her property and making plans to sell it. You three are doing well just pushing forward with life, much better than I expected, even if you feel like you are not doing well. Virtual hugs to all of you. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have known folks who could not leave their house for a year after the death of a loved one, well, they sat in car at the funeral so I suppose they did leave the house. It takes what it takes and everyone is different. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    2. Cindy, your comment about everyone being different is so true. I had no idea how differently we all behave. I have a neighbor lady, her husband died of cancer after many years, about the same time my husband did and she still is undone. She walks her dogs and cries whenever anyone says hello. Which is not to say I am not sad nor cry, but I can manage most of the day okay…the sadness thankfully comes in waves…I would be in much worse shape if the sadness came and stayed all day. Hilogene in Az

      Delete
    3. Grief is just so intense at times. Mine comes in waves also and when I meet people it is hard. But love your support.

      Delete
  3. You are going to feel the way you are going to feel for as long as you are going to feel the way you are going to feel. So don't apologize for it. If someone doesn't understand, and is getting impatient with you, it's probably because they have never experienced anything as painful, and bully for them. But you take all the time you need. What's more, in my experience, grief is grief--I don't know that we can assign ratings like "better" to it. The only "good" grief I know of was the one spoken by "The Peanuts" characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs my friend. People say things will get back to normal. What the hell is normal??? Life is different for everyone. This is most definitely not a club you want to be a member of - ever.
    You are just taking each day as it comes and that is all you can do. I pray for you and the other gals every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Did not want to own this T-shirt.

      Delete
  5. Oh Kim, please don't give a thought to those of us who read your blog. We are here because we genuinely care about you.
    Grief is personal and everyone handles it differently, but it is something you cannot rush. Take your time and feel what you feel, when you feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that old woman in the “ help I have fallen and I can’t get up “ advertisement…will someone reply here with Sam’s blog link? Surely at age 66 I can figure this out on my own but I can’t ;). Hilogene in Az

      Delete
    2. Sam, Coffee, Money & Thyme is the name of her blog. It is ok Hilogene. I had to go look at it twice… lol. Sam also has a blog about dogs but I don’t recall the name of that one. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    3. Cindy, Thank you ;’. Hilogene in Az

      Delete
    4. That is a good analogy Help I'm grieving and I can't get up.

      Delete
  6. Please keep writing, even if it's not "upbeat". For those who have been there, it's a reminder of how far they've come. For those of us who haven't endured what you have, it's eye opening and a reminder to lift you up in prayer. We need to hear this. It helps us to just be with those around us going through it. We can't "understand", but we don't have to avoid people because we don't know what to say. You are teaching us all of this. Please keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're sick, on top of everything else. I could not sleep last night (that stupid nasal drip + a sore throat), & I had a lunch of Easter candy. I'm now crashing off of the sugar high. All of the smart choices I'm making over here.

    We are still here, because we care, and you don't always have to be upbeat - you are being real, and dealing with grief, which is totally expected. You've got this, no matter what "this" looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got done eating dots Easter candy and i am sick to my stomach. Will we ever learn?

      Delete
  8. Gosh Kim ... you don't need to apologise - we are all here for you on the good AND the bad days. Theres no timeline for grief so if you are still writing negative posts a year from now, then thats okay too. You will have good & bad days & very bad days. Grief is a real physical thing & we all understand. We are here to listen to you on the bad days & to cheer you on & to celebrate with you on the good days my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I bet Sam makes lists too;). I made a list in early January of all the clean out projects, by room or by task…and as I completed a task, I put a date. Well, I had set the list aside because I wasn’t in the mood to do anything except be a potato in a chair. So yesterday I got out the list again, and checked my new list of things to do against the January list. I had nailed it in January…the six outstanding items are the same! Wow, and I thought my brain was gone completely in Jan. Anyway, I have promised myself I will finish the six items next week ;). Maybe if I write it here, I will feel pressure. Happy sewing, Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked at what Sissie and I accomplished in January, but then I had a lot of help.

      Delete
  10. Dear Kim, you lost your love less than 4 months ago, so I don’t think anyone expects you to feel ’normal’ anytime soon! The new normal, that is .. I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but I understand your pain ❤️ Sending you all the best wishes and big hugs! Xo, Ricki in NY

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never comment. I've read your blog for years. I wish I could just give you a hug.
    It feels like yesterday your life fell apart. Mine is still intact but through you I recognize just how fragile life is and value your willingness to share, grief and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is YOURS! You should never feel bad about expressing your reality....you have always expressed your reality. Your life was knocked off it's rocker and right now you can't find the key. You're OK. You keep writing anything that serves YOU! If people don't like it.....they can come back in a year.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never, ever feel bad about what you post. Grief is a journey and you have just started your journey.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I don't like where it is taking me....

      Delete
  14. Please blog whatever you wish... I think that I would be more worried about you if you were posting happy thoughts after losing the love of your life. We are here because we care about you and wish there was something that we could do to ease your pain. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can share sadness here on your blog, it can be part of your healing journey. My husband died 6 years ago and for many months I was in a widow's fog, we are each different and there is no time line for healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. terra I am so sorry. I just really don't like this.

      Delete
  16. I was a widow (I remarried to my high school sweetheart that understands I still cry over my late husband) Two of my neighbors are widows. One just lost her husband to the 7 cancers he has fought for 13 yrs. Hubby held up his hands, palms out and told her to hit them. She didn't hit very hard but did several times. She asked him late why he offered her that. He does it for me when I get mad that my late husband refused to take the time to go see the doctor that could have saved his life and he be here for his kids and grandkids.
    Get angry, be sad, remember the laughter and the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you have to go and had to go through that, but remarried a gem! I hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  17. There is no right or wrong way to go through this. Everyone has a different experience. I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts here. Be gentle on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's a poem--love came first by Donna Ashworth, it may help you. Been there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never apologize, sweet friend. Nobody is living your grief right now. We are all here to love and support you as you navigate this time in your life. Be kind to yourself. You are an amazing soul!

    ReplyDelete