Sunday, September 8, 2024

Thursday, Down 4 more!

 

This is an image of my book of life on the left, but the actuality on the right.
Worried about Sluggy.  She is in hospital and may not be able to come. Please send prayers her way.  If she is not able to get out here, I swear Sis and I are going down there. That should scare her into getting well, I know it would me.

Sissie is in the other room sewing and I am blogging, (this is Kim) I have a wedding dress to hand sew lace onto and then one to hem.  Then only 3 more for Sept.  But they all 3 came in late so they get them late.  I swear if I lived close to Linda, I would deliver this dress and get her to hand sew on the lace.  Why should I get all the fun?

I have to pick up the Kids in Colton today and then Kelsa is going to spend the night.  It is Lil Sis's birthday so we will go over there with an ice cream cake about 7 and celebrate.  I think I am going to get the kids to go pick out a gift they think she would like just to see what they would choose.

I am so grateful to Sissie and Dan, they keep me going.  Dan is very helpful and well so is Sissie.  But Dan does not nag. (I am interrupting to tell you all I do not nag, I issue orders! Kay)

So, 4 wedding dresses out this week, and I am just plugging along. Then one came in for November this morning. But I have to say I think it is slowing down. Knock on wood, I hate to jinx it!

Saturday will be a Kay Day as I will be helping Sis at her house.  She has just been doing and doing for Lil Sis and I and her place gets neglected. 

Well, I am off to join the salt mine!

Kim



Kay Here!

Updates from last week as it is now Sunday afternoon.  I did get 18 egg rolls made finally, and they are delicious. Froze most of them.  I then thaw in fridge and bake off in oven and they crisp right up!  So now all I have to do is make fried rice and egg drop soup and I can put on a Chinese spread.  Most for the work is done.















I also made five miny Lasagna's and we had one and the others are in the freezer! Yummo!  A quick salad and a loaf of Italian Bread and dinner is made!

















I did quite a bit of mending for Kim last week, and well it was just busy and now it is Sunday., where does the time go?

Kim did come to my house yesterday (Saturday) and helped Dan, and I hang quite a few things, so we are getting there slowly but surely.  WE are just trying to live with the space and deciding where we are going to put all the artwork we have collected over the years.  Our walls are plaster and lath, and one must be very careful when deciding where to put heavy artwork.

I am up at Kim's cleaning as Her Son-in Law is coming tonight and Kim is flat on Her back with vertigo, and She feels horrid.

When I called Her this morning (having no plans to come up the hill) She had completely forgotten.  So, I stopped what I was doing (as in my own ironing) and traveled up and She was up and running around like a wild Ape.  But we got a lot done and then She collapsed.  She was sweating like a pig and that is a bad sign and now I know she is not good. I am learning so much more about her illnesses and they just fly out of control.

I have made a decision that Dan and I will take Son-in Law to dinner.  I am tired and in no mood to throw together a gourmet meal or any meal for that matter.  I will bring Sissie leftovers.

We have a busy week ahead and I have so much to do as Dan and I are leaving Thursday for Montana and another wedding of a Great Nephew.

Will try and help Sissy all I can and keep you posted, must try and call Sluggy!

Hugs;

Kay

9 comments:

  1. Linda here. By the way, I love love love hand sewing. I hand-sewed a christening dress and hand-sewed in zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad that Kim has you there to help her, Kat. I hope both her and Sluggy are feeling better very soon. Your egg rolls and lasagne look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sluggy sure has had a time of it. Poor thing. Kim, SLOW DOWN, I don't care what anyone says!!!!!! You are trying to go too much and do too much! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good thoughts that Sluggy & Kim are both feeling better. Agree with Cheryl, Kim - you must take better care of yourself! Your sis is going to kick your buns if this continues! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry sluggy is struggling with her health. I've prayed for her this morning.
    I'm praying for you as well.
    I'm glad you have a wonderful sister.
    Even if she's a little bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim.... if you don't change your ways of triggering health issues, we are going to cuff you to Sluggie ...or maybe we should reverse that so she gets better. BOTH GET WELL... KAY... get tough with them ... Prayers for all as it sounds like Kay needs them also

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Kim feels better. So sorry vertigo has hit again. Get some rest.
    Hope Sluggy is feeling better too.
    Thanks Kay for taking care of Kim and everything. The egg rolls and lasagna look delicious. Safe travels to Montana and have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KIM!!! Slow down!! Please! Kay, we are glad you are there to help. Will pray for Sluggy. I hope she gets well soon. Her last post made me wonder what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Kim and Sluggy get well soon! The eggrolls Sissie made look fabulous! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete