Monday, October 28, 2024

Monday, Will I ever be back?


 Hello! It is me!  Kim that is! I don't know where I have been, other than living in a fog of my own making.  I have been taking it rather easy.  Not that there is not sewing to do, but just not the pressure.  I do work better under pressure, and I am trying to break that habit.  It is hard as it is a lifelong habit.

I am still really struggling with widowhood.  Not that I am crying or suffering, just the finality of it all.  I stay busy and enjoy myself.  I can't say that I am lonely, as I have never thought of myself as a lonely person, a busy person for sure.

Arthritis has been flaring some so I am on another booster med, and I hope that this helps. Both hands and feet are affected. But this too shall run its course. I just limp around and then play the piano until movement comes back.

Sissie comes up almost every single day which is nice.  She keeps me on track. Dan and I have slot of fun together and he is such a big help with the yard and projects. He seeded the front yard, and it is looking great.  We are still fighting the loss of grass do to not being able to water last year. So next spring we will work on the back. 

I have one wedding dress left for this year and I want to get it done before I leave this week.  I am going to Jethelyn's either Thursday or Friday.  She needs help with a baby shower she is hosting and then the two of us are flying to Florida to see Joel's little sister.  We will be there 5 days.  I would have stayed longer but Jess only has so much time off at the courthouse. I was going to stay the whole month but have decided to come home and go back for Thanksgiving.

Lots on the to do list today.  I think I will make a list.  I have not done this for a long time.  So here goes!  A Kim list!  You know the lists that are humanly impossible to accomplish...

1. blog!

2. shorten two pants

3. fix waist on pants

4. shorten two sweatshirts

5. make covers for sofa arms

6. replace military patches on a coat.

7. hem a blue mother of the bride dress

8. alter a white dance dress

9. pull out wedding dress and assess what needs to be done

10. go get a proof of insurance house and take to bank

Okay that is enough.

DO you think I can do this?  On your mark get set, SEW!


Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment