This is kind of my motto as I got home from my reunion. I just don't want to do this anymore. It is a very immature attitude, and I am sure the feeling will pass.
Sissie and I had a great time. It was very tiring. There is nothing I dislike more than saying hi to 100 people but really visiting no one. Everything is superficial. We both came home exhausted each night. Was it wonderful to see these people? Yes, by all means, but I didn't have a meaningful conversation with more than 2 people. That to me is heartache.
Had a doctor's appointment yesterday to go over all the medical tests, and I seem to be fine, I guess. We switched up some meds. And I will see how that goes.
Sissie is busy behind me getting things done and I am not going to even make any plans about the 15 dresses that hang behind me. Other than to try and get all the August dresses out of here by the end of the month.
Coming home to watering and chickens and weeds. I spent part of the morning cleaning out the coop and water trays and food bins. Collected 8 eggs for my trouble. Even though I sprayed a few days before I left, I had to walk around the entire property and spray weeds again. We had a bit of rain while I was gone plus high temps and that makes thing grow.
I have several to do items on a growing list other than sewing. Sewing is 4-5 days a week, but the property is and ongoing everyday struggle.
Things that Kim needs to get done:
1. clean out inside freezer
2. clean out outside freezer
3. weed the garden beds
4. fertilize the flowers boxes and the flower beds
5. spray for hornets
I think I need another me. Well, I have as close to another me as one can possibly get with and identical twin sister, but she won't do anything on this list. Can you imagine that?
Well I am off
God is good
Kim
Kim, can you borrow/hire some kids from your church to do one time bits of work? Like the week pulling or other tasks? Would be good for them and you ;). Hilogene in Az.
ReplyDeleteAt least your list today is your list for your hime and yard and not running yourself ragged for others. I ask this with all care in my heart...when you say, "I don't want to do this anymore" do you honestly HAVE TO do this anymore? What can you stop doing and if you respond nothing, ask yourself again. Its not selfish to answer only to yourself and then decide your health, wellness, and piece of mind shouldn't be sacrificed because of choices by others. I'm finally figuring this out, but admittedly it's a slow to learn lesson.
ReplyDeleteIgnore the freezer. It is not terribly important. The stuff will stay frozen and who cares what the outside looks like.
ReplyDeleteDo the dresses because that makes the money.
Clean the chickens coop
Ignore everything but the absolute necessities for the yard
Everyone above makes great points!!!! Some things do NOT have to be done right now. You need to concentrate on your work and that alone. Let others find other people to help them out - you have got to learn to say NO even to your kids. You have to take care of yourself - no one else is going to.
ReplyDelete