Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Wednesday, Taxes are done!


 Yeah!  That pain is over and I have no idea how much we are going to owe.  I just know we are going to owe. The mess can now be cleaned up in the dining room and I am mentally beat. That is one thing off my list for the week.

I have to sew today as I have many things due out Thursday.  I also got three more calls on Jr Miss dresses for upcoming pageants.  That is so good. I need that kind of work.

Hubs is going to work with Son-in-law on chicken run today, and I hope they can get it done.  Those baby chicks are growing fast.

I made quiche for dinner and salad.  I found a green pepper and 1/2 an onion in the fridge that needed to be used.  There was also a good two cups of egg whites I had frozen that I needed to get out of the freezer.  I combined those with 6 eggs, and some chopped ham, green pepper, onion and some chopped broccoli and cheese.  It made two nice quiches.  Daughter and her family came down and helped us eat one.  We took a long walk and they went to Costco and brought us back some Romaine lettuce, apples and Roma tomatoes.  They also took some of the potatoes we bought on Saturday, for themselves and for our younger daughter.

Now that the grocery challenge is over I find that we are out of so many things.  We need olive oil, bread, milk, salsa,eggs,nuts,radishes, but are otherwise pretty well stocked for other veggies.  I put the meaty ham bone in the freezer for soup.  Just a little tired of ham after eating it for 4 days.  It will be good later.

I hope the sale papers are good today at the grocery stores, they have been dismal lately. That just might be a sign of the times.  Have you found that the sale adds are much worse since the virus hit?  I know gas has gone up, but what have you noticed that has gone up in your area?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

19 comments:

  1. The ads are always better at the first of the month because of ss checks. That has been my experience. But, I don't think that the ads have changed a lot this last year. I found that olive oil was bogo or just marked down last year at Publix. I bought olive oil every week for about six weeks, put it in the freezer, and can now pull it out to use without having to pay full price. I am happy for you that sewing is picking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think groceries as a whole are a whole lot more expensive.

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo for Jr. Miss dresses!
    Ick, we are most likely going to owe. Ideally the withholding and the taxes are a wash but it is never exactly even.
    I checked the ads this week and there is still nothing that I consider stock up prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few things, but with strict limits. Okay I can play the game.

      Delete
  3. I read an article a few days ago about the rising cost of food because of the pandemic. Corporations are big on the saying, never let a good crisis go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I totally beleive that some of it is just a farce.

      Delete
  4. We still have pretty good ads, mainly first two weeks of month.
    Glad you got your taxes in - I still need to. YAY on the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just finding it hard to stick to my budget even though I raised it by $10.00 a week. But then hubs does request things for his diet and I do want to keep his weight off.

      Delete
  5. The ads here are worthless. Prices for everything have gone way up, I've had to increase my grocery budget substantially. But on the good side, I got a fairly large tax refund today. I need to look over my form as I must've made an error and uncle Sam fixed it for me! Cross fingers the error wasn't by the irs! Celie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel like the adds are worthless also. Every week I think, this will be the week. It never is. Good for you on the tax refund. We usually get enough of the refund to pay the accountant, but I think this year with the buy and sell of the home I don't know.

      Delete
  6. Weis(PMITA)Markets ads went from weekly to monthly during Covid so if the sales are crap, they are crap for a whole month. OTOH since Covid they are never nearly as good as they use to be when they were good if that makes sense. I seem to do better price wise exploiting the rebate apps at Walmart or shopping at the discount outlets(3 of them close by).
    I beat you! Our taxes were submitted last week...just federal not state yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well all of ours are much smaller and the Rite aid here is one page now. Also some of the stores don't send out adds at all anymore.

      Delete
  7. Gas is $2.49.....ouch! Mt Dew sales in cans no longer happen. Apparently there is a can shortage. I prefer cans to bottles but... oh well. Yeah, it would be better if I did not drink it, but that is not happening...lol. Groceries are sky high. I see very few deals. Good thing I like beans....... Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our gas went from $2.04 to $2.79 since the new change in administration. Not that I am blaming that. Being a Diet Cokeaholic I have been places where there is no canned soda at all. I like it better canned unless it is MCD'S

      Delete
  8. My price point for fruits and vegetables is 99 cents a pound. That used to cover the loss leader pricing, but not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We no longer get ad's. I have to go on line to get one if I need it. I stopped bothering. Prices are up, supplies are down. Dried beans are still running $3-$5 a POUND around here.
    Our taxes are March 22nd. We bounce around whether we owe or get refunds. I would prefer to owe as I don't like giving interest free loans to the any one (kids included, they pay what ever the current savings accts are giving Daughter 4 won't as her siblings all told us they would pay the interest...I'm not sure any local bank is even paying interest ) let alone the gov't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUr adds are significantly smaller, and some stores not turning any out at all. Boy dried beans here are about $1.00 a pound which I still think is high!

      Delete
    2. I am still in shock everytime I pay $2/lb for beans.

      Delete