Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday, Sissie is a tyrant!


 Sissie is keeping me going full speed ahead and she is such a blessing (not).  She told me I had to say nice things about her. She has helped me get caught up on wedding dresses, and today it is the piles.  So many piles.

She is just a little work bunny. Things that have needed to be done for months are getting done. I am a hard worker, but she puts me to shame.

Lil sis came over and colored my roots today.  They had not been done in 6 months.  I have just been touching up the roots. She also cut a few inches off the ends.  Hair is so long.

I forgot to turn the water off the garden a few nights ago and remembered at about midnight.  So, I slithered off the deck on the side to avoid walking around on the grass in the dark, getting off the 3-foot side was easy getting back up not so much.  I could not lift my body weight with my left leg at that angle, and I hit my head on the fencing above and then scraped the crap out of my right shin and lost my shoe in the dark.  Landed on that shin hard and it swelled up and bled.  I did a Sluggy but she is the queen of shin injuries. The next day it was just scabby.  My left leg was very sore as I must have strained something.  Kay found my shoe the next day next to the deck.  She gets up earlier than me and was wondering, what the hell? But I was trying to avoid snakes in the dark.

I am going out to lunch today with one of my old dance students that is in town.  That should be fun and then home to sew under Kay the tyrant.

We really want to get to the garage and do a thorough cleaning and gutting, but I need to be caught up in the shop first. 

Leaving Wednesday evening to go with Signe' and family to the Oregon coast for a few days.  I am going as the chief sitter and bottle washer and I will love every minute of it. Kay will watch the dog and do the watering.

I love having my Sissy here, and so appreciate my brother-in-law for not having a fit about her coming again and being gone for so long. 

Picking green beans and small squash from garden.  So good. Still fighting with garden bugs, but I will persevere. 

Kim

27 comments:

  1. Glad to see you post. Sorry you have been worked so hard - but glad you are getting things caught up. It always makes me feel better when I give myself a haircut and a color job!
    Take care of that shin kiddo - don't want any infections.
    Hope you post more before you leave for a few days.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your post and see that all is well (except the leg, shin and forehead injuries) and glad the tyrant is there ;). Hopefully your sister can stay for while and help you with the garage. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Hilogene, I can kill Her deader if I have too. Sissy!

      Delete
  3. Ack! The whole time you were talking about your escapade in the dark all I could think of were snakes! Now go find a flashlight and keep it by the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobby, I could buy twenty flashlights and hammer them (maybe Slolder them) to the door outside and she would still loose them. So I am thinking of a Bear collar that zaps Her when She exits after dark!

      Delete
  4. Next time, just let the water run the rest of the night. How much more expensive would an injury be? Leave a note to sissy to cut off the water. I am sorry, but I had to laugh as I cringed during your little trip. Why would a snake not be where you climbed off?
    Well, I hope you survive it all. I wish I had color on my hair right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PP, you are so9 right She should have let the Garden water as I get up before dawn...

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear from you. I LOVE getting together with former dance students, for all it rattles me a bit that they are old enough to order alcohol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da
      Dear Meg, a glass of Chardonay with a light lunch is wonderful ...Sissy

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, even the bouquet of Chardonnay makes me hurl. Merlot, on the other hand...that goes well with ANYTHING.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful to have Sissie there to help you. Wish I had a Sissie. It just makes even the hardest jobs easier to do when you can share them. Enjoy your time together Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Julie; I am having a great time responding and my whip is right near the Keyboard and Kim is sewing. I cannot leave the room or She will stare off into space and she is leaving on wednesday, this stuff has to go out! Sissy, the House Nazi!

      Delete
  7. Sissy,
    So you have commandeered the keyboard. Is now a good time to question you about things we all want to know...all her secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even with the volumes of work, it feels disastrous around here. I'm in the it looks much worse than before it's better stage. My issue is I need help, but I get overwhelmed, embarrassed, and resentful all at the same time. Ki, let's just run away and leave the birds to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jre I know I’m at an almost hoarder level in a couple of spare rooms, and yes it would be embarrassing but I’m going to bite the bullet. Wish I had a sissy!

      Delete
    2. I do want to run away every morning, but where should we go?

      Delete
  9. How wonderful that Sissie is getting through your to do piles! She is a keeper for sure! Yikes on the midnight excursion to turn the water off! I would have worried about the water being left on overnight too. We are such worry worts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! When Sissie is done with you, maybe send her here. I need a swift kick to get some things done around here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, you look wonderful! Your hair is so pretty! Love your blog,miss your sister’s- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. anne in the kitchenJuly 18, 2023 at 10:32 AM

    What a great picture of the tyrant!
    Y'all have a great visit, though cleaning does not sound like my idea of a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, I wonder where my post from yesterday disappeared to. Check your spam folder.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Sissy looks noble and wise and fierce in that pose! How can she be a tyrant in such fetching pink sneakers?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Sissie sounds like she is the best and I like her pose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks FABULOUS!!!! I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I wish mine was as thick as yours! You look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, any blog title that has "Sissie is a tyrant" in it immediately undoes saying nice things about her. LOL. I am just seeing this: here's to some good days at the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete