Monday, October 16, 2023

Monday, I must pack!


 Kelsa was here today, and we went to the park, and we went on a long stroller walk, and we did not clean or get anything done to leave because we were playing.  I did finally just check into the airport, and I do have my meds packed.  But I have not brought my suitcase out of the garage yet.

I have to get the dogs stuff packed up and still figure out a ride to the airport.  I will call my girlfriend. The neighbor came by who is taking care of the cat.  So that is worked out.

I think once I get the suitcase in and opened, I will get some motivation. I think my biggest problem is that I am tired.  I took a very long nap yesterday and could not sleep last night.  SO my fault.

I hope I am doing the right thing with this trip.  Going back to the place where I lost Joel. Walking the same paths and the memories.  I am a big girl, but this might be really hard.  Signe" and Nate are flying in also for about 5 days so that will be fun and then Sissie bought Auntie a ticket to come in later.  It will be party central, I think.  Not much time for feeling sorry for myself.

I will be back on the 31st, just in time to go trick or treating with the grand kids. And then bring them home for a sleep over.  Yippee!!!

There is a lone wedding dress hanging in the shop.  It is so weird as there were about 12 there a month ago.  So happy the season is over!

I need to bring in my lemon trees tomorrow just in case we have a really hard frost while I am gone.  I did not get the geraniums in like I wanted so I hope those last until I get back. Just called a secured a ride to the airport from my bestest buddy.  So, I guess I really am leaving.

Take care and don't have too much fun while I am gone.

Kim

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Wish it would have worked out to see y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and virtual hugs! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember how happy he was .
    be safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip and safe travels. Make NEW memories that will be remembered for a lifetime!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the trip is lovely & as Cheryl says, you get a lot of opportunities to make new memories.

    We leave for Hawaii on Thursday, and our weekend was so packed that I ended up just grabbing dresses (I have my closet arranged by type, so all of the dresses are together) & dumping them into the suitcase. It's not my normal way to pack, and I'm a little worried that I'll get there, and end up with party Las Vegas dresses. But, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful trip and make more memories.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete