Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Happy St Patricks's Day

May the luck of the Irish be with you.  Although I never felt the Irish were very lucky.  They were however tenacious, and ruthless with survival skills.  We can all thanks the Irish for many, many things in our culture.  My husband is about 70% Irish, Wales.  His Great grandmothers name was Nelli Ireland. I'm sure there is a little on my side also as I had one great grandmother who was English.  There are many, many red heads in our family.

I can home from church today to find one of my grey leather flats chewed up, so Roscoe got a good spanking.  I don't know if I will be able to replace them.  Damn dog.  This is the first shoe he has damaged and I hope it is his last.  He is hiding half under the bed right now and won't come out.

     I think sewing patches for Harley was a bust as far as my time was concerned.  On Friday I was also able to take in work so I more than made my quota.  But I would think strongly again before doing this.  I was able to hand out many cards so free advertising is always good, plus many people asked me to come to the next big hurrah.  I guess if people knew I was coming they wold have brought in more stuff.  Even though it was slower than I liked it was more money that I had before I started.  Always have to be thankful for that.

     It is nice today and I plan on going for a long walk after my nap.  The yard work will soon commence, and the shop will be very busy this next week.  Of course it will as I am trying to leave town on Friday.  So I will really have to put my nose to the grind stone this week and pay attention.

     Also my house needs love and I will try and tackle the laundry,laundry room and kitchen/dining this evening.  Take down the St. Patricks stuff and put up some Easter things.  I just so need a reminder that spring will come.

     I really need signs of spring so bad this year.  How about you guys?  Has this been a humdinger of a winter or what?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

    

5 comments:

  1. Happy St Patrick's Day! I am soooo ready for Spring. You are correct. It has been a humdinger of a Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ours did not start until February 2nd and then boob it came hard for 6 weeks. Please next year come in December as usual.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The geese were in 3 wks ago, buzzards were last week. According to the Amish that is the 2 signs that spring is really close. A few of the Amish have started their plowing of their fields... another sign. I am starting my spring cleaning today in the kitchen and dining area(open area). I am SO READY. Hubby said one of his coworkers goes to Michigan for the weekends, when he does we here in OH get snow. They told him today he wasn't allowed to go to Michigan until MAY due to causing snow here LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too have all the signs of spring, Robin flocks. Canadian geese by the droves here to mate, but still snow on the ground. Your husband is not allowed to drive west....

      Delete