Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Tuesday,Do not repeat

     I had such high hopes for yesterday, but of course I underestimated the amount of work needed to to get to high.  My machines were packed up from the Harley event and  then the shop was in a desperate need of a vacuum.  There were clients here every hour on the hour and it was hard to keep myself focused on what I was doing.  I did get the laundry done but need to fold the last load, something that I will do after this post.

     About 10 a.m. I get a text from a teacher, could I sub her advanced Irish class? No I have too many wedding and bridesmaid and prom dresses coming in.  Then I get a text from the studio owner, can I sub a tap class for her, no same reasons as above. I felt bad, but many of my clients are from out of town and are coming into get these things dropped off, I cannot contact them so, this is the way it is during the busy season.  And it was busy.

     I started out hemming a prom dress with three layers and then went to a wedding dress that I hoped to enlarge enough, but it was still too small so I will have to put in gussets, which I hate doing. All the while client after client. Finally started on another wedding hem and got a call from the church that one of the sister's had just had her 5th baby in a car as they could not get to the hospital on time, could I take in a meal for a family of 8? (*&^%$#  I am so busy, I have already told two other people no.  But I really needed the blessings at this point, so I stopped what I was doing and grabbed three bags of chicken legs out of the freezer ( use up that chicken).  I started thawing them in the microwave and had Hubs make me a quick grocery list.  Off to the store and then back to make a cake, Hubs made a great tossed salad.  I peeled potatoes, opened two cans of corn, and coated the chicken with olive oil and bread crumb mixture. Whipped up some frosting for the cake.  As chicken was cooking I went back downstairs to continue on wedding dress.

     During this whole time I had clients in and out so I ran up and down the stairs way more than I wanted.  Hub's helped me deliver the meals, and then home to greet more clients.  I had just enough time to eat a little and nothing was going to keep me from my walk.  I started out with pup and the sun was going down so I had to shorten to a two miler, and thanks goodness I did.  When I got home about 8 Hub's was grouchy because I had destroyed the kitchen again. He had just cleaned it before the meal call. 

     I went upstairs and looked at my disaster, and started the start in one corner method.  I started on the kitchen table a put away everything that was there and then onto the next counter, when I got to the sink I filled it with soapy water and continued to the next section, soon I had all 5 areas clean and a huge pile of dishes.  After doing the dishes, I sprayed down the stove and counters with cleaner and came back in and washed every surface.  I was tired, but I went into the dining room and pulled all the St. Patrick's day things, which I have not put away and I put out Easter linens. 

     It was a long, long day and today will be the same I am afraid. So I had better go and get the laundry finished, and put things away.  I hope I can get hub's to do the floors upstairs.  I really need to get into the shop today and sew.  I thought I would get so much done yesterday but it was just a day of interruptions.  Well I did get one prom dress hemmed and I completed the hemming of a wedding dress, and found out what exactly I would have to do on another, so not a complete bust. I do have to go to Joanns today and I have one errand to run.  No rest for the wicked.

Hoping today is smoother than yesterday.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. I am tired just reading that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was tired just doing it. Long day let me tell you and I and all over.

      Delete
  2. Phew, KIm!!! Wow, hope your week improves and all gets done that needs to be completed.

    Take care, Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just one of those days that was not meant to be easy.

      Delete
  3. I just sat down to have a cup of coffee from running errands and doctors appts since 9 am... Now I don't feel so alone. Take your walk tonight. Give yourself at least 15 min of sitting still. That's just what my own doctor told me so I am sharing to a soul sister that is running at 150 %

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get n a nice walk and then came home and completed a bodice for a dress. It was all hand work.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim,

    I hope your day is better tomorrow. You are such a blessing to that family you cooked for! I have learned that sometimes things are just more important. I have also learned over the years to take one thing at a time and not stress over it. It keeps me calm. I know that it is easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I set my self up these impossible goals and then wonder why I cannot complete them.

      Delete
  5. Wow! You got so much done. You must have been tired after that kind of day. Running, running, running. I hope you have an easier day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very very tired, and I don't want to repeat the action any time soon.

      Delete
  6. OY! I hope that when you get over this hump you'll stop to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be over the hump today, if I can just get a couple more major things out.

      Delete
  7. You wear me out reading about your every day! Wishing you some calmness for today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear me out going back to read. Now I have to start another day and I am tired :)

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you said no to the classes. That was very nice of you to make the meal for the family even though you were super busy. I'm glad you have lots of work. Helps with the bills. Don't over do or you won't be able to do anything. Hoping today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete