Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday, This will only take 10 min

     So I had this wild hair of an idea today, since I had the littles and not much sewing can be done, I would run upstairs before I wrote this post and put a batch of bread together.  It only takes 10 minutes and then the mixer does the work right? Well technically yes.

    Except we had bean soup yesterday and it was on the back deck.  So I quickly divided the rest up into 3 containers, two to freeze and one for lunches. I found broccoli that needs to be used before we leave and I pulled out a small piece of frozen beef so I can make beef broccoli for dinner.  A bride calls and wants a fitting at noon, okay fine.  Now get to that 10 minute bread.

     I can pull all the ingredients from the cupboard in less than a minute  as everything is kept together, Grab the white flour and oil from one cupboard and the salt and seeds from another.  The ww ground flour is with the other ingredients, now to find the honey, and grab the yeast from the fridge.  Well I started and realized after I had the oil, water, gluten in the mixer, the honey had solidified, so I had to get a pan out put a washrag in the bottom and boil the jar for a few minutes.  The rag keeps the jar bottom from getting too hot.  Okay this is a set back but not to bad.

     Then I go to start adding seeds and oatmeal and ww flour.  The container of what I thought was preground ww flour was brown rice.  I have no ww flour.grrrrr  So now I have go downstairs get a large can of wheat and grind the flour.  Which means I have to pull out the wheat grinder and it takes time to grind a can of wheat.  In the mean time the phone starts ringing off the hook, the babies are getting in the cupboards.  The bridal fitting that was supposed to be at 11:00 shows up at 10:00.  I told her I was 1/2 done adding ingredients to my bread and I had to finish or it would start rising with out the rest of the ingredients.  She only had to wait a few minutes.  I ran down stairs with timer in hand and her fitting was done just as the timer went off and I ran back upstairs to stop the mixer and allow the bread to raise.  Then I finished grinding the entire can of wheat allowing me enough in a bucket to make two more batches of bread.  But now the kitchen is a flipping disaster.

     What started out as a great (okay a good idea) turns into an hour long episode of the crazy Kim show.  I grabbed the babies and came downstairs allowing the bread to keep rising.  Realized that I have three loads of wash I need done by tomorrow as my work overalls and jeans are in there.  Start laundry, answer the phone, clients are coming over.

     Segue:  Another 2 hours have passed, as I had another very difficult to fit bride come in, bread needed to go into the oven and as it was in the oven and I thought I had a few minutes I decided to do up the dishes as bread dough left turns into cement.  As I was cleaning up the babies were destroying whatever they could find, dog water, dog food, Tupperware cupboard, chase the youngest one down to feed him a jar of baby food, get the two year old out of the toilet.  Another client shows, okay little one down for a nap and older one going to sleep in Hub's arms I think I can sit and finish post as I just took bread out of oven.  Whew!

     Still have a load of laundry that needs to go into the dryer and I have not put on any makeup or set my hair.  I have to teach tonight at 4 so I had better get cleaned up.  It is ash Wednesday meaning 1/2 my students will show up a with ashes on their foreheads and it is my duty to sweat them off.

     Hub's and I will go over to lilsis's tonight to get the twin beds she is sending to little brother into the truck.

     This will only take 10 minutes.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
    

17 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the children's story "If you give a mouse a cookie." Good luck with the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite books, I often think I have given myself a cookie.

      Delete
  2. Your bread looks really good. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment about my lamps. You mentioned trying the thrift stores first. Been there, done that for over a year! I can't tell you how many thrift stores I checked out over this past year, some multiple times. No luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not my bread it is photo stock but mine looks just as yummy.

      Delete
  3. This is making my head spin and I am just reading it. And it only took me 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to help brighten your day 10 minutes at a time. After you were done you thanked the lord you weren't that crazy and then your mother called...

      Delete
  4. I love freshly baked bread! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I have to admit I was cracking up reading this!!! No good deed goes unpunished!
    By the way, it looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to make you smile, not my bread stock photo but mine looks every bit as good!

      Delete
  6. This was hilarious! You sure can put a smile on my face. I can't believe how busy you are!! AND THE BREAD LOOKS AMAZING!! Is that the recipe Joyce uses? She gave us a loaf of bread last week and it had nuts in it and I loved it! Have another good trip and stay safe! (Joyce and Bob sure appreciate you two taking them. They had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I add alot more things to my bread after I sweep the floor. We are really worried about them and are so grateful you guys are close. They are not eating correctly and are both way too thin.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha! You are so entertaining!! I love it!! I know, I tried to get them over yesterday to have some pie with us and Lynn ( not that that's all that healthy ....) but she said she had already eaten (yeah right) we try to get them to eat more but she is so worried she is going to gain some weight!

      Delete
  7. Blessings to you!!! Sometimes 10 minutes just doesn't happen.
    Grins,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you tell me that now? thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I'm really laughing. Sounds like my life sometimes.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete