Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday, Trying, to stay busy


 Daughter called to complain that Kelsa comes behind her and undoes all the work she just did.  As in I just folded a load of laundry and she unfolded all of it....  I had no idea what she meant? I mean look at my purse after Kelsa was left alone for a few minutes. She is at the helpful stage.

It is still boring here.  How boring you ask?  Well Hub's just left to go down to Lil sis's to remove snow from her sides walks and driveway.  So obviously he is going a little nuts, too.

I made that pumpkin pie yesterday and boy was Hubs happy.  He grinned all the time he was eating it and then had a piece for breakfast.  I am sure it will be gone by this evening.

I have had a big pot of beans soaking and I am going to make a large pot of bean soup after this post.  We can eat on that until Sunday.  I am thinking of doing up some blueberry scones, as those sound so good. The rest of that ham I cooked on Monday will be frozen.  One of my readers, said that her definition of eternity was one ham and two people to eat it.  I thought that was very funny and so did hubs.

Later today I have to run over to a friend of mine, who has had an inner ear infection and has fallen 3 times.  She wants a green salad and some hard-boiled eggs.  I can take care of that, and we certainly have the eggs. In fact, I am going to drop a couple of dozen off at another friend's house when I leave to take the salad over.

I was finally able to get rid of a couple of things in the garage, that were lurking.  I gave them away on my town giving site, which was so nice.  One man's trash another man's treasure.  Works for me.

I am working on a few secret projects here and I will let you know if they pan out.  Just something to keep the creative side of me busy.  Oh, by the way I did finish mending the way I did finish mending that tablecloth.  Put about 5 hours of hand work into that sucker. I have a beige one that actually needs me to crochet a piece to put into it and I should get that done so I can use it.

Anything exciting happening this weekend?  We have no plans, which usually means we will get the kids.  I know we have them quite a bit next week.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

17 comments:

  1. Kids just LOVE to help!!!! LOL
    Sounds like the pie was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M & the kids just left for skiing, & I'm blissfully alone! I'm going to do some cooking & baking, read, exercise, & maybe watch a movie. I'm pretty excited. Our freezer can use some restocking, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin pie ties with cherry for my favorite. I like whichever I'm eating best. Are you still making quilts? Maybe that could relieve some of the boredom! Celie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten out some hand work, but not the quilting yet.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, I remember that stage. Babies love to take things out. When I make a pumpkin pie, I eat nothing else until it is gone--no other vegetable, no meat, no fruit. Pumpkin pie is breakfast, too. And, i have never gained an ounce eating all pumpkin diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs ate all but 2 pieces, I think he must have liked it.

      Delete
  5. Hello! I remember Flynn helping me fold laundry! I need to pack up Christmas this weekend. Ugh. Have a cozy weekend yourself, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when mine used to 'help' wash up - water everywhere! hmm.. secret projects - can't wait to hear about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids just love to help when they can't and then when they cannot so much.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the down time. That's what this time of year is for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I keep reminding myself of that, but the workaholic in me is hard to tame.

      Delete
  8. Zoom book club, then totally clean kitchen, purge, and get my new coffee maker set up. There's laundry of course. Even with just two people again, always laundry. Depending on my ambition, I'll clean my office and get the wrapping stuff resorted and stashed. It's supposed to be warm today- one day only so will get the dog for a long walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could just get this house totally clean I would be happy.

      Delete
  9. Yep, kids love to help and I used to let them (then straighten things up later). I hope you have a great weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete