Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday, Is it Tuesday?


 Well not really, but boy is it tempting. I had to force myself to stay in bed yesterday.  But I did it.  I am better today after a good night's sleep. 

The phone of course rang off the hook all afternoon and by the 4th phone call in 15 minutes, I turned the darn phone off.  I don't have to be at everyone's beck and call.

If people left a message, I text them back and told them to call or come by Wednesday.  Crap, I just need to be left alone.  The whole world will not fall apart if I don't answer my phone. 

Hub's put the crystal away, but the kitchen is a flippen disaster.  I will tackle the kitchen first today, and then attend the laundry situation. I will need to press all the linens before they are stored away so will not be taking Easter down until tomorrow.

Neighbor and I are going to a food bank later today to see if there are things that will be thrown out.  We go ever month and I swear the people who run it are so grateful that they don't have to trash things.  We then in turn give away much of what we take. 

I am going to make a list.  I just need the motivation.  Don't laugh.

1. bathe

2. brush teethe

3. get dressed

4. set hair (has to be straightened or I have frizz chia pet head)

5. makeup (I hate putting on makeup, but I look like pie without it, dough with slits in it.)

6. pick up shop

7. put away china

8. gather all kids Easter into a pile to send home with Signe'.

9. clean kitchen (dishwater is left over from Sunday in sink all slime like....)

10. get bins from garage to store Easter things

11. Iron Easter linens to put away

12.get hubs to put away spare highchair.

13. fold a put away all 4 loads of laundry

14. take neighbor to food bank

15. take care of clients, 4:30 and 5:30

16. pull at least 3 wedding dresses to start 

17. line up piles for tomorrows sewing. 

18. go tan with Lil sis

19. go to Jo anns and Walmart

Okay let's see what I can get done. Might not get any sewing done again today, but I don't care.  I will do what I can do.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you let yourself sleep. Phones are ok left unanswered and you did great just returning messages. I'm such a sloppy homemaker, no ironed linens here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I take them out of the dryer and pack them the wrinkles are like so bad, then I have to wash them again. It did not take long and I set the ironing board up in the front room so I could watch the news while I did it.

      Delete
  2. Glad a good day of sleep helped. Some days you just need to rest. That is OK. We have answering machines for a reason.
    Don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself behind and then I go into over drive. Must be better to myself.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you rested. Good for you to turn the phone off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep is so restoring for our bodies and sanity. I hate that slimy sink mess. I almost lost my index finger from an infection from washing my elderly neighbor's dishes when they were in slimy dish water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mom always says, "Listen to your body!" So good for you for taking a day snuggling in bed! I slept a lot today on the couch. I think I forget sometimes I am not 30 anymore and these holidays take their toll! Also, I was literally just thinking about my phone too. Back in the day, we didn't have instant access to people. So I have decided if I can't get to my phone, so be it. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating to have people upset when they can't access you instantly. Also unfair to our brains.

      Delete
  6. Good for you, Kim! A day off is well-deserved, and kudos for shutting the phone off too! People are far too spoiled at being able to reach others immediately. I hope you had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I remember when I owned the studio the parents were awful. I did not answer the phone when I was in class, they were paying me to teach, not answer questions, like what color tights was Susie supposed to wear? They would get mad at me, but I stuck to my guns not my phone.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you stayed in bed yesterday, and really glad you turned off the phone. If someone really needs you they can leave a message or call back at another time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is right and I returned all the calls and people were fine. I think many do not return calls and that is why people are so shocked when I do.

      Delete
  8. You are self employed and do not have to explain a day off to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true. Hub's told a couple of drop ins I was sick in bed and they were very understanding, as they should be.

      Delete
  9. Good for you getting a day of rest!!
    I don't understand why so many people expect you to immediately respond to a text or call. I don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the new way. They know you carry the phone so instant access. SO unfair. When I travel I try to leave a message saying I am traveling and that they can leave a message and that is it.

      Delete
  10. If I send you my to do list, will you do it for me??? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh know, I have seen you to do lists they are worse than mine if that is possible.:)

      Delete
  11. Here's to recovering some energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes up and at em and realizing that taking off three days from sewing was really not smart, as I have a boat load to do, but then again.....

      Delete