Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday, Kim is not realistic?


 I was able to get the three piles done yesterday that were left from the beginning of the week.  I was somewhat disgusted with myself that it took me three days to do what I thought I should have gotten done in one day.  But then I added up the day's work and realized that there was no way all of the work I set out to do Tuesday could have been done by me in one day.

Now I always, always over plan my lists as I find it inspires me to push a little harder, but I think I may be going a little too far if I start to feel like I failed. Putting a monetary value on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday's work really opened my eyes to just how successful I have been.  I need to give myself more grace.

I had three wedding dresses come in yesterday, and I have 4 more coming in today. All I can do is shake my head.

After I got my quota done yesterday, I started another wedding dress.  After Hubs went to the high school, I pulled the irking board into the living room and did all the ironing.  That felt so good to have that done.  After this post I am going to give my shop and really good clean and a vacuum before I start on more wedding dresses. The dress I am working on now, also has three bridesmaids and a mother of the bride and is due June 2nd.  I want all the June dresses out before June.  The July's are coming in strong.

Hubs and I always send a monetary gift to all graduates we receive an announcement from. We have many great nieces and nephews plus kids from the church and all my old dance students.  This can be a pricey time of year.  We just received and announcement from a girl that was in our ward over 3 years ago.  Her dad is a surgeon. Her announcement read if you can't come to the party to celebrate, please feel free to venmo money to her college fund.  I was shocked.  If you don't come with a gift, please send money.  Am I taking this wrong?  I found it extremely tacky, especially considering the monetary wealth of the family. How would you feel about this?  Would you allow your child to have that printed on an announcement?

Well, I am going in to clean that nasty mess of a shop and get to work. I want to get some freezer meals made up for Dan and Braunwyn this weekend.  Do you have any plans?  I am also craving oatmeal raisin cookies.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative. 

Kim



26 comments:

  1. Don't EVEN acknowledge that one. That is beyond tacky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is kind of what I thought, but I liked the idea of a personalized small gift that she can't take back, or get an old vase from under my sink and fill it with free flowers and take it to her.

      Delete
    2. I am shocked. That is classless! My son is graduating this year and at the bottom of his party invitation, we wrote "Bring a swimsuit and towel!" because we have a pool and are having a pool party. My sister read "Bring a gift!" I couldn't believe she thought I would EVER put something like that. LOL!

      Delete
  2. My thought was the same as Elle! Or, send a small gift that she cannot return, something engraved or with her name in it, like a signed book, gifted to her. Embroider something with her name and date of graduation on it. I would even pay someone to do the embroidery rather than take the time! How selfish is this family? Oh, make a donation to Ukraine in her name! Be so sweet she cannot fault you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was rather tacky of them. A gift is a gift and should come from the heart not be requested.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very TACKY! A gift should never be expected. She would get no money from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she isn't. She will receive a small token home made gift!

      Delete
  5. Definately NOT send money to that girl Kim ... very rude of her indeed!
    I received an invite to a baby shower that I am unable to attend & when I explained that I couldn't attend the girl pulled out a long list from her handbag of "gifts" that I could give instead. These were NOT small items but large items like a cot, a pushchair etc. I had been thinking I would sew her some handmade baby items but now I think I will be giving the whole thing a miss 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some people are just beyond. But the fact that her parents condoned it?

      Delete
  6. I have found folks to be very bold about wedding , shower, graduation, birthday party etc. invites, and expecting large amounts. Venmo and Cash app is mentioned quite frequently. No. I send nothing except a nice card. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think asking for cash is so tacky. Now if it is a close relative like my niece, where I know her circumstances, and know money is the best, by all means ask Auntie for money, but on a graduation announcement for someone that is a passing acquaintance? Yikes!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is beyond tacky! She would get nothing from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would possibly send a card wishing the graduate well but no money. Boy, some people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I hope none of my kids came across that way. I threw really nice parties, some guests gave gifts, money cards, or a lovely congratulations. During Covid, I made sure the 2020 graduate, family, friends, friends of my daughter's, all got monetary gifts as they missed so much to end their high school or college years. Don't ever doubt how much you are accomplishing for your family. You get more done than anyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always try and support, and send I have just never had a card be so blatant. Thanks for your friendship, I just don't say that enough to you.

      Delete
  10. Yes Kim you need to be a little easier on yourself.
    I think that was VERY rude and tacky. Gifts should never be expected. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super tacky, and would never allow the kids to put that on their announcements. We also give money for graduation gifts.

    You are super productive! A whirlwind, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well me has bills to pay and I have places to go and more places I wants to go, so I works to go!

      Delete
  12. Heh. When I graduated from H.S., our senior advisor refused to allow the announcement cards in the invitation package because she said "That's just a shameless plug for a gift." (Seating was not an issue at my old h.s., and we could take as many invitations as we needed, with the understanding that if we didn't need them, to put them back so somebody else could use them.) I certainly didn't let my (so far 2) h.s. graduates sent announcements--I figured anybody who was close enough to know them knew they had graduated. (And call me mean, but, really, big deal--you aren't a drop out. Let's celebrate when you earn that BA.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel the same way. I give big for a college grad and really big for Law school or a higher degree. Those kids are broke and they woprked hard.

      Delete