Thursday, May 19, 2022

Thursday, still behind, Thrifty Thursday


Managed to finish another chart yesterday, even though I felt Like I did not get enough done I really did.

I still have three piles left and one of them is a lot of complicated alterations, so I need to give myself a little grace.  Something I am not wanting to do.
 

I just want this stuff out of the shop. I now have a pile of 8 zippers to replace, I am going to have to do a zipper day that is all there is to it.  When will that happen who knows?

The phone rang constantly all day with wedding dresses coming in.  I think I received 8 wedding dress appointments. That is not counting the bridesmaid dresses.  I need to clone myself and I already have a clone.

My soup was delicious. Hubs and I ate it for dinner, and we had it for lunch, and we will have it for dinner again.  This is great as it allows me to stay in the shop longer.

I am trying to get housework done in fits and spurts. Kelsa came last night as Nate got called in and I just had daughter leave her here for the night. Signe' has worked fulltime this week at the surgery and still is teaching dance at night. This was her third 12-hour day, and I knew Nate would be so late and need a lie in. He came and picked Kelsa up at noon.

So, my sleep was not great, but at least daughter and Nate were able to get some good rest. Kelsa is so funny and cute and such a joy. This morning Hubs was at the school setting up for a concert, so while I was alone with the baby, I used the time to get wash done (4 loads) and change sheets, vacuum and dust a few rooms.  I still have at least a good hour of housework left but I did not waste my time this morning.  I sure would love to get the ironing done when Hubs goes back to the high school tonight. 

Thrifty Thursday:

1. saved all my spare change

2. saved all my $5 bills. saved $55 this week so $200.00 total

3. saved a $1, $5, $10, $20 bill

4. cooked all meals except store chicken from the pantry or freezer

5. dried clothes on the line

6. planted many garden plants started from dollar store seed

7. planted many marked down geraniums bought on clearance.

8. brought snacks with for the road trip and only ate one meal out.

9. picked up left over food at food bank, breads, grapes, raspberries, apples, pears, cucumbers.

10. picking lettuce now for all salads from dollar store seed.

11. downloaded rect's to fetch

12. used coupons at Joanns


I have not looked at the grocery adds this week, so I have no idea if there is anything I will buy. I have to get to work now.  Blah!  I could really use a nap!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.  


Kim

8 comments:

  1. You are getting there! You know you will be busy for quite a while yet. Tis the season!!!!
    Glad the soup was tasty. The ads here stink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have not looked at mine and that is how busy I am.

      Delete
  2. If it saves me cooking, we both will eat a meal over and over. I would have to charge a premium price for those zipper replacements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got a lot done with caring for a toddler. It's getting done Kim. Congratulations on your next chart

      Delete
  3. I really do not like replacing zippers. Kudos to you for replacing that many (eventually). Great frugal moves.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you do get faster and better at them, but I still do not like them.

      Delete
  4. You are so close to your next chart! Well done. Money has just been being spent like crazy at our house. We go through fits & spurts, as we book travel/summer activities, and then (hopefully) it will slow way down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that goes, as I just paid 6000.00 for a cruise, so I know all about spending to travel. But so worth it!

      Delete