Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thursday, my lace tucker slipped

 

I spent the afternoon in Pullman taking notes and watching Hubs undergo tests, and we were home in time for my client.  All my clients were so understanding which was sweet. The bride that showed up at 5:30 had a dress that needed to have lace placed on the bottom.  I had pulled the lace off and then she came, and I cut the dress and was going to pin the lace back on......But alas NO LACE!!!!!

It should have been in the bottom of her bag.  This is not good.  Now I am very careful to always put anything I take off a dress into the bag.  But then I realized right away that her dress bag was identical to one that had just gone out and was it possible the lace was in the bottom of that bag?  Why yes it was, and the darling bride just returned it to me this morning.  This is not the kind of snafu I needed after a stressful day. But all well that ends well.

I am very worried about Hubs, as the closer the surgery gets the more his mind is befuddled.  I know it is just stress.  He is easily flustered. I am trying my best to find ways to calm him, but I need to do better.  I did not even tell him about my lace fiasco, as I normally would have. One less thing for him to have on his mind. But it sure was on my mind.  So, all appointments from now on go through me.  At the hospital, they are to call me, not him. It was pretty obvious to the staff that his hearing and comprehension were not great, so they did not argue. I think after this is all over, he will return to somewhat normal.  The doctor is removing all the lymph nodes to check for cancer spread, which has me worried, but I just tell myself not to go there.

Hubs and I went out last night and had veggie salads at TACO TIME they were on special, and we needed a treat after our afternoon. Then home to finish a little sewing. Today it will be a lot of sewing. 

We went and got our free (sip and save) sodas this morning and there were two women at the register, and I could tell they were very upset.  They were from out of town, and somehow had filled the car with gas and had no money.  They only had $4 in cash.  I didn't get the whole story, as they were both cackling like chickens.  The gas station could not let them go, until someone came to pay for the gas.  I took hubs CC and paid the bill and just told them to pay it forward.  I do not know who was more relieved, the women or the gas station manager having to listen to the two of them in the store for hours waiting for someone to come with money.  He ran out after we left to thank me.  It was pretty funny.  Hubs got a good laugh out of the manager's relief.  

Thrifty Thursday:

1. saved all my spared change

2. saved all my 5-dollar bills, now have $1145.00 so $50.00 in 5's this week

3. saved a $1, $5, $10, $20 bill

4. picked fresh veggies from garden for meals this week, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes

5. bought gas at least expensive station

6. ate all meals at homes from storage and freezers

7. used coupons at Jo anns

8. when we went out, we ordered the special and drank water instead of soda

9. used Albertson's points for some free items

10. brought home a few things that daughter did not want to deal with and sold them on Facebook

11. will only buy loss leader items this week at grocer. 

12. used the clothesline instead of the dryer

13. turned off the air conditioner as the house is staying cooler

Well, I really need to get to work.  I have a few things due out today and tomorrow, and I just want to get on even keel. Is Kim ever on even keel?  Has she ever been on even keel? Please don't answer that question.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


20 comments:

  1. I like that portrait of the lady, and your thrifty list. How kind of of you to pay for the ladies' gas, you spread a splash of joy in the world when you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you mentioned even keel, it made me think of yacht racing, like the americas cup, and I had a visual of you on your yacht, the wind blowing, waves crashing and you running around keeping the boat going forward ;). No even keel in weather like that! Then again, you keep the yacht racing forward! Those of us in little sail boats just watch in awe at what you can do in one week. Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this captain is very tired today and wants to do nothing!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, were you an Angel. Karma better circle back to you. Sometimes we just need to intervene and fix. I tried to pay for a soda at DT but she hurried off to get money before I had the words " just ring with mine" out my mouth . Perhaps the thought gave me good karma. I'll send good thoughts and prayers for your hubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. Just the thought of being stuck with no way to pay. How awful.

      Delete
  4. I can imagine how stunned you must have been to be missing that piece of lace!
    Good for you to pay for those ladies. You list lots but regain the even keel. I am so sorry your husband is confused. I would be, too, if it were me. Anesthesia causes problems with memory in older people, so that might be something he will have to deal with. However, it does get better as time goes on. When is the date of his surgery? I forget, I who used to never forget anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge hugs for your hubs. He has to be so stressed and worried - I would be too. You need to not go to that bad place girl - worry is just asking for problems. Just pray and pray hard - God has this. Your hubs will be fine - I am sure adding him to my prayers.
    Thank you so much for your sweet kindness to those ladies. They will never forget that and I bet they DO pay it forward. You were where you were supposed to be!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I am not going to that place, I am feeling better about the whole thing.

      Delete
  6. You’re a gem!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the bride returned the lace md made it home in time for your client.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How kind and generous of you to pay for that gas. Good karma will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good thoughts for your husband. Here's hoping it gets easier for both of you. And, how kind for you to cover the gas - you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a true jewel, Kim!
    Fingers crossed for your husband's surgery and a speedy recovery. I know things are up in the air right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling a little better about things. I just want the shop out of my hair before the surgery. I will feel that I can breath then!

      Delete
  11. Hoping your husbands surgery goes well and he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete