Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thursday, New floor!


 The new kitchen floor!!!!! Remember the whole house was done in a dark grey Pergo type, flooring.  I mean the whole dang house. It was lifting and you could not keep it clean.  It streaked and marked.  You had to hand dry it with a towel to get it to look nice.  1800 square feet of that crap and I was about nuts. (Okay Slug and Anne I can hear you.)

Putting in the light oak hardwood and then this high-grade hospital linoleum has so brightened up the place. I walk in the kitchen, and I can't believe how light it is, plus it is waterproof.  I don't have to panic if the ice maker spits out an ice cube.


I am loving It! I feel like I live in a different house!

Now the kitchen sink is a fiasco.  I am still working on that.  But it is a story for another day. Plus, I would like to get a little more money put aside, and I can live with it.

Aunty and I have been invited out to lunch with a friend today, I have already had a wedding dress picked up, and I have several more fittings this afternoon.  Plus, I have two large piles of alterations I want to get through and a bodice to put together.

Aunty and I went out last night and I had her feet done.  She is diabetic and in bad need of a pedicure.  I also had my nails done.  We both felt great after we left. She loves her shocking pink toenails!  Pink is her favorite color.

Nathan is coming to move the fridge back later today, so I don't have to pay movers again. Then I can really get things put back together.

Good days and bad days.  I was able to get to sleep last night alone in my big bed, and then I only woke once and was able to get back to sleep, and then slept until 8:14.  So I was thrilled.  I think things go better for me when I get enough sleep and that is only the second night since Joel passed that I felt was a good night's rest.

Who knew this was going to be so hard? Certainly not I. But alas here I am, or I should say here we are in the saga of Kim losing her spouse.

Oh, by the way I have $300.00 saved in my $5 dollar bill savings.

Thanks for tuning in, will it be tears or cheers?  Tomorrow will tell....

Have a great and productive day staying positive when you really feel like screaming....

Kim

28 comments:

  1. The floors look amazing! I am so glad you go out and did something nice for yourself. I need a mani/pedicure pretty fierce! But what is more amazing, you got a good night's sleep! Grief hits us differently, and we will always be here...tears and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flooring colors blend in really well with each other and look nice. Grief is tricky and hits us all differently. I'm glad to hear you had another good nights sleep. Without sleep I can't function so I can understand it making your days even worse. Just keep taking one day at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure that's the linoleum I have in my bathrooms. Everywhere else is honey oak hardwood. Great minds, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors look wonderful. Yep, good and bad days. You are doing better than you think kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you got a new flooring in that makes you happy! And, I was just thinking it was time to go & get a pedicure & add a pop of cheerful color. I need the spring time boost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love your linoleum! I had that in my very first kitchen which was in an old 2 story farm house. It looked great, took a lot of wear and tear and even more dirt and it always cleaned up good. My knees loved the bit of cushion it had. I know what you mean about laminate floors. Ours are beautiful and sturdy but if you drop a cup of water or an ice cube, they are ruined. I have 3 spots on mine. We will someday have to forgo the expense and I want linoleum too.
    I am amazed by your determination and strength. I always tell my husband please please don't leave me behind. But God has His Plans. I wish I could offer some advice but I can't. We lost our daughter in June and I had to grieve my own way at my own pace. I lost some friends (?) along the way when I realized how much energy they drained from me. I developed boundaries with several people. I also realized if I could endure such pain then I was stronger than I ever gave myself credit for. One day at a time. Time and pain has taught me how to manage that big black hole that is always one step in front of me. Prayers for you my friend, will continue, and God is always there. ~jackie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you a funny story about my linoleum. I loved it, I could bleach it, scrub it, ajax it, and it always finished up looking beautiful. One day I came home and my husband had brought in a mini bike and had the engine torn apart right there in the middle of that kitchen. It was a big farmhouse kitchen with windows looking on on three sides. That mini-bike (a Honda 50) was torn apart in my kitchen all winter. Then it was fixed, put back together and became my daughters favorite bike. And, that linoleum sparkled!

      Delete
    2. Jackie I am so sorry for your loss. Both AUnty and I are loving the floor.

      Delete
  7. Love your new floors. They look great.
    So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a big difference. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray you have savings to keep the roof over your head and food on the table UNLIKE me when my late husband died and I have nothing in savings or income. AND didn't qualify for assistance as they based on WHAT I would get with Survivor benefits. 6 months of weekly yard sales, housecleaning and taking in ironing (I hate ironing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOu are like me you do what you have to do to make it. We are survivors!

      Delete
  10. your flooring looks great. The kitchen flooring looks exactly like what I put in my entryway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new floors! I hope you continue to get good sleep. It is important. I complain about my HeWho, but I would e miserable without him. I think of you and your loss often. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are things I don't miss at all, but I do miss him. :)

      Delete
  12. That looks great. I did not know there was industrial-grade linoleum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new floor is really pretty and I hope you enjoy it for years and years to come. When we put our kitchen floor in the very first thing I considered was if it would show dirt. The previous floor was white and if I spilled as much as a drop of coffee it would leave a splat as big as a 50 cent piece. The second thing was how durable it would be with water. It has worked so well on both fronts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty was worried about this showing dirt, but so far it has been great!

      Delete