Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Wednesday, I am a mess


 Trying to get a decent picture of Kelsa and Aunty before she left. Kelsa has a low-grade fever and was not having it.  She was not having her hair combed, she was not taking out her bink, she was not going to look up and smile.  But look at that cute belly button.  Slugs she has on donut pants.

I already had a meltdown.  Trying to hold it together. Can you believe I am this vulnerable? 

We went out to a new Japanese restaurant last night and I loved it. Aunty not so much!   Then we went and bought 2 pies, because it was Pie Day.   I still have over 1/2 coconut cream in the fridge and left the choco cream at Lil sis's even thought she said not to.

So I had pie for breakfast and now I am a little sick, from too much sweet on an empty stomach.

I had so many plans for the new year.  Savings plans, strategy's and I have nothing.  Well, I have a few things, but nothing like I had planned. Here it is 1/2 way through March, and I am still not on even keel. Much of it not my fault as monies have not gone where they are supposed to. I did finally today get Joel's SSI allotment, so it looks like that will be a regular thing. Now if the state just back pays the money for Jan., Feb., and March along with April's allotment I might be able to make some plans. What this has shown me though is just how little I can get by on.  Which is always a good lesson, if not a fun one.

Kelsa just brought me the thermometer and laid her head on my leg.  She has a fever of 100.  Poor little snipe.  Just made her a bottle of juice with Tylenol in it, wrapped her in a fuzzy blanket and put her in front of her favorite cartoon. It is so cute that she knows something is wrong.

I did get three dresses either done or ready for final fittings yesterday, but 4 more came in so no progress. Today I plan on finishing 2 or three and then calling for final fittings.  I want all the June dresses out before I leave for Hawaii.  SO lots to do.

Signe' is spending the night with me and tomorrow I am going up to her place to spend the night.  I am teaching an Irish set dance to William's school on St Patricks's day.

Pray for me for the next few days, I need help!

Kim


27 comments:

  1. Sweet little one - when your feel good hurts - no smiley!
    Things will get back to normal. I live on little and it is amazing to me. I save so much now. Once you get on smooth ground - you will do just fine. I'd love to see you give the dance lessons - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might get winded I have not danced for so long.

      Delete
  2. Deep breath and be gentle with yourself. Sending hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always in my heart and my prayers, my friend. I think you are doing amazing. There is no yardstick to measure grief, so please don't ever compare yourself to anyone. Hugs, my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! Fingers crossed you don't catch whatever Kelsa has! And Auntie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs. Cindy in the Soith

    ReplyDelete
  6. In your situation anyone would be vulnerable. Poor Kelsa. She knows what she needs when she feels sick. You should have given me the chocolate pie. I am glad you got your money straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not quite still waiting on the state and Joel's pension.

      Delete
  7. Dear Lord, please lift Kim up right now, this moment, and during this momentous change in her life. Lift her above her sorrow, her exhaustion, her confusion. Lord, we ask that the cloud of uncertainty be lifted from Kim's shoulders. Lord, Kim is hurting right now, I ask that Jesus lay his hands upon her shoulders and that she feels the comfort of so many prayers being said for her and her family. In thy name I pray, Amen. My prayers for you will continue you Kim. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are allowed to meltdown anytime you need to. It is in the rules.
    About Kelsa___I love a woman with a mind of her own. It will serve her well when she reaches adulthood.
    I keep you in my prayers (kind of scary isn't it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melting down seems completely reasonable to me. I hope Kelsa feels better, I hope you have a super productive day, and that you get a chance to relax and just breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melting down is a pressure release valve. Everyone needs to do it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is just my valve is going off way too much.

      Delete
  11. Your aunt is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and for 88, I so hope I have her looks when I am her age.

      Delete
  12. WOW. all the kiddie doctors around here push for NO binkie after teeth start coming in as it can deform the teeth and cause speech issues. Poor little thing... I hate it when they have fevers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far no bink problems but I think it will go soon.

      Delete