Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday, Head cold, and slow moving...


 I told hubs I was tired of this sort of hanging on cold like crap I had, had the last 4 days in Hawaii, and if it was going to be a cold, I wished it would just break out and get over with.  Well I got my wish after the blog yesterday and now I want the hanging on symptoms back, if you please.

Such a headache with this bugger.  I am really miserable and I do have this company coming tomorrow.  I might be calling daughter to come down tonight and help me clean a little bit as I just am dragging.

 I did get the laundry done and things unpacked and put away very slowly.  I need to put clean sheets on the guest room bed and dust the room thoroughly. 

Let me just add a picture of Sluggy who followed me to Hawaii.

I had carpet cleaners come in this morning and do the high traffic areas in the two bedrooms where the grandkids have spilled things.  But I am replacing the carpets in the spare bedroom and shop after the holiday, so that will help with these old stains reappearing.

I really need to deep clean the bathrooms and kitchen but I just don't feel very good. JUST TOOK SOME Aleve and I am going down for a nap after I make the spare bed up. Maybe that will give me the energy to get some things done.

Nothing like coming home from 8 days in Paradise to a bad cold, and then being overwhelmed. But I will survive.

Hubs is busy with the school district and will continue to be busy through the holidays. He keeps getting called in to fix lights and run interference.  There are now two High school theaters up and running and I knew this would cause problems as only he and one other person know the ropes.  Not enough coverage during the busy season.

 Here is James on a hand made quilt my daughter bought me for Christmas. I will put it in my guest room when I am done redoing it.  I was so surprised! 

She saw me eyeing it, and of course bought it when I ws not looking. I love it.

Things I need to do today:

1. get carpets cleaned

2. vacuum carpets to be cleaned

3. pick up shop

4. take pictures of all receipts and clean off tables in family room.

5. dust all ceiling fans

6. get laundry done

7. start dinner (chicken thighs, asparagus, apple salad to use up soft apples and limp celery)

8. vacuum rest of house

9. clean master bath

10. clean guest bath

11. clean kitchen

12. wipe down all appliances

13. clean window sill and windows in kitchen ( hubs splatters)

14. wipe out all hub's spills  in fridge

15. mop all floors

16. dust pictures and things in formal living room

17. straighten all hubs music in living room, viola, violin and piano music all over.

18. fix a pair of pants

19. clean sheets on guest room bed.

DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OF THIS I will get done but I will go at it slowly, or maybe not at all.

34 comments:

  1. Rule number 1: Never, I mean never plan on overnight guests the week you return from a trip!
    Commit it to memory and act accordingly!
    Hope you feel much better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I didn't Hub's did along with spilling almost everything he cooked with his shaking, all over the house.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I hope you are feeling better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am it is more in the chest now which is easier I think.

      Delete
  3. I'd have a melt down if I was expecting after getting home. I need vacation recuperating time. Hope your cold buggers off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expecting company* Lordy would it be a meltdown if the other kind of expecting!

      Delete
    2. Well Hubs made the arrangements the swell guy.

      Delete
  4. It seems that I have almost a cold all the time, year round. It is not fun, so I feel for you. I hope you cook the easiest meal ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always call it “the post vacation depression period” it takes much time to recoup!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, especially with that little rascal laying on it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt! What a wonderful souvenir of your Hawaii trip. Sorry you're under the weather. Keep pushing fluids. Feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt and very generous daughter! Hope you feel better; I hate headaches and feeling miserable.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, if I were one of your guests tomorrow, I'd rather you call and cancel since you're ill. You will still be contagious.

    Get some rest and let the other stuff go until you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are family and won't care, actually would not have cared if the house was dirty either. But I cared.

      Delete
  10. I agree with Elle. You wouldn't want any of your guests to end up sick for their Thanksgiving celebrations.

    I hope you feel better soon. Your quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is family I was around in Boise when I got home from Hawaii so they did not stand a chance!

      Delete
  11. I agree as well - you need to cancel. Besides who schedules guests 2 days after getting home from a major trip? ONLY Kim! No, no = cancel this evening. No need making others ill.
    Rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was Hubs who did this bless his soul and I already exposed these poor people on my way home from Boise!

      Delete
  12. I really think you should cancel the visit. You need to rest and get better not rush around trying to get ready for company.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quilt is beautiful, Kim. I’m sorry you are still dealing with the head cold. I hope you are feeling better soon. I feel for you having company when you are not feeling your best. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fine they will understand if I am not my usual bright shining self.....splat!

      Delete
  14. Kim - I agree with others. You really should cancel. Not to freak you out, but have you gone for a COVID test? Exposing others when your don't really know what you have is dangerous. Hope you fell better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tested don't have covid, just a rotten head cold.

      Delete
  15. Welcome back Kim! Looks like you had a great vacation. You totally deserved it! The quilt is beautiful!

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Get some rest & feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quilt is fabulous. Please take care of yourself, get a COVID test, & cancel your plans. Rest & recovery first. I had a head cold that took close to three weeks to recover from (it wasn't COVID - we took multiple tests). It was miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tested and it is just a cold. Drat! If it was covid I would have cancelled.

      Delete
  17. I hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete