Saturday, November 13, 2021

Saturday, Feeling better, cleaning done


 Here is a picture of us at a Tongan village at the Polynesian cultural center. It was a very spiritual experience here although expensive. The food was delicious.

To answer all of you, Hubs made the arrangements to host our relatives without consulting me.  Said relatives were already exposed to me in Boise.  If I had been running fever I would certainly have told them to find a hotel.  I did get a covid test and I am not positive.

I was able to get the rest of the cleaning done today, but I slept until 11:30 this morning.  Headache is gone and not so drippy today, which is lovely, just congested in my chest and nose.

Hubs has to play viola and violin at a Civic theater event tonight and tomorrow.  He will switch instruments according to songs. The theater pulled the top musicians so they would not have to practice and they could site read most of the pieces.

My pumpkins are starting to get soft spots, not surprising as they spent 8 days in the trunk of a car in colder weather.  So I am going to cut them up today and get them boiling.  I am sure my relative will help me.  I also want to make scones with blueberries I have in the freezer.  I need something quick for breakfast tomorrow as we all go out to church. 

I also need to make an Acini D pepe salad and homemade rolls, for a dinner tomorrow. I think for dinner tonight I will do my shrimp and mushroom pasta, with a salad, and then just go out a buy a good loaf of chewy bread.  Not up to making any today.  I  do need to make pie crusts soon and will do at least 8 if not 16 of them to freeze.  I just love being able to pull a crust out of the freezer and go with it.

I just had a neighbor call and he needs a pair of pants hemmed for tonight's Boys and girls club banquet so I am going to run in and do those and then get to the pumpkins.  Hubs has been so busy at theaters he has not had time to help.  Plus he was trying to help me get things cleaned up around here.

By the way Hub's has been saving his school money to buy a 4 wheeler.  We got word from our son in law that a used one (impossible to find right now, even new ones have a waiting list) was available from a farmer up in Uniontown. We were able to go and look at it.  It is an older model but in very good shape and we purchased it along with the plow attachments.  This way we can plow our big driveway instead of using the snow blower.  Hubs has been thinking of maybe doing this for money up in this very hilly neighborhood. He  always blew out neighbors at our old place, but up here it will be a lot more work. Just an idea.  He had more than enough in his savings account for this purchase and was very pleased.

Well I am going to cut up pumpkins.  Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative.


Kim

12 comments:

  1. That's such a cool pic Kim! Glad you're feeling better. Your hubs is lucky to get that 4 wheeler. Even used cars are hard to find these days. We have an ATV and love it! Good thinking on the plow attachments. That's gonna make clearing the snow so much easier for your hubs. DH uses the bucket tractor to clear our driveway during winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have looked for a long time and he is so excited.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are starting to feel better. Nice find on the 4 wheeler. That will really save the back and walking in snowy weather.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo Kim. Making memories is what it's all about.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! We all live our lives differently, different priorities. I'm glad you got your trip and cruise since hubby is getting 4 Wheeler and vice versa. I was happy for my hubs finally buying his boat after he indulged my European trip a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture, Kim. And I’m glad you are feeling better. I got your message the other day, thank you. I didn’t post it as it had personal information in there, but I will be in touch soon. I hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo.

    I am glad that you are feeling better and got a Covid test to make sure that was not your problem.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. SO aggravating that we have to get tested every time we sneeze, but we all have to stay safe.

      Delete