Monday, November 29, 2021

Monday, climb out Kim!


 Imagine this is me, only my butt is cuter. This is how I feel.  I don't know if I want to come out, but I know I have to.

Lil sis and I and Sissie will all be in Missoula by Wednesday afternoon.  Lil sis and I will drive over Wednesday morning and Sis is flying in that afternoon.  So the Three witches of Endor will be together again.  Happy that Sissie decided to come after all.

We will meet with our nephew and help plan the funeral.  I really don't want to go.  I dread it, but I know it is the right thing. Having my sisters there will make it easier.  Hubs will drive over later in the week and take me home on Sunday. He might have to play the piano for the service.

Thanks to all of you for your sustaining prayers at this time.  I have felt better and we had a nice Thanksgiving and a birthday celebration for our youngest daughter. I went up to youngest daughter's house on Friday and worked all day trying to redo things in her kitchen.  They have been in this apartment for 4 years and will be there for a few more with the housing market the way it is.

We painted existing furniture and I brought up 5 chairs that came from Sweden to add to her two at her old second hand table.  I will take some pictures when I am done, but right now I need to take my computer in to be fixed which I will do late tomorrow and it can be picked up by hubs while I am gone.  I cannot download anything from my phone.  The jack input is loose.  I ordered peel and stick wallpaper and some fabric to match and I am making new curtains as the ones that are there are very sad.  We are just sprucing the place up and trying to use what we have. It was a fun long day and I was sore Saturday, but it was nice to be able to just have a project and to not be dwelling on other things.

We had Kelsa and Schmills with us Saturday night and they are such a joy.  We took them to church with us on Sunday morning and then home for pancakes. I love having the grandkids around. I took a very long nap Sunday afternoon and I needed it.

I know many of you are curious about the details of our tragedy and here they are as far as I know.  Many details have not been revealed and I don't want to know them.  I might not be right on everything.  

Friday the 19th of November my nephews exwife had the children for 24 hour visitation. They had been with her the night before and were to be returned that day at 5. This act happened in the early morning of the 19th. She stabbed the babies repeatedly as they had defense wounds on their hands.  She bathed them and put them in clean pjs and put them back to bed. I am not sure if she took an overdose of something that she thought would kill her as she left a note to the fact of a suicide.  She must have a woke later in the day and called her mother and told her that she had made sure the kids were safe.  Her mother's reply was, "did you kill your kids." or something to the affect.  So the grandmother knew that she had threatened something of this nature I am assuming.  She then called 911 and told the dispatcher, "I was supposed to die today."  Travis waited for the children to be returned, but instead was greeted by the police and the coroner.

That is all I know and I may have some facts wrong. I do know that Travis had begged the judge not to let her have unsupervised visits as she had threatened to hurt them to get to him. A law firm in Missoula has been engaged to take this case in hopes that something like this will not happen again. I personally think if you make threats of this nature they need to be taken at face value.  You don't go up to a TSA agent and joke or say you have a gun. You don't threaten to kill your children to seek vengeance on an ex spouse.  Those things need to be taken seriously. 

We are all still very sad, and Travis is holding it together better than he was, we just have to get through the week and get the babies a place to rest, then go on with our lives as we can.

Saying this, I have to get my ducks in a row. Things I need to accomplish today or at least before we leave Wednesday morning.

1. finish up a few sewing things

2. make curtains and chair pads for B (if I have time)

3. pack (I hate packing)

4. pay all the bills

5. alter a few costumes for daughter

6. get some ironing done

7. perhaps put up a little Christmas as it is all in boxes in the front room.


I did get fall and Thanksgiving decos down and put away so that is something.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

27 comments:

  1. Glad you had family time and hugs from littles. Projects always help pass the time.
    I cannot believe there is any appropriate punishment. So disgusting and totally not understandable. Prayers for you all this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so hard but knowing that you are behind me helps so much, I feel like I have this warrior Queen praying for me and when I get ready to melt down I think of you and try to become strong.

      Delete
  2. Passion and hopelessness can be a deadly combination. Innocent lives lost; hearts forever broken. You are a strong woman, a blessing to your family. There is only moving forward from this. It is too dark a place to dwell in for long. I hope that your nephew and your family can embrace your attitude of staying positive while in the negative. It is the only sane way forward. Sending love and sympathy to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita, this is very hard, but I am going into battle with a strong force behind me.

      Delete
  3. You and your sisters are strong and the pillars of your family. I can imagine how you needed to be busy and then hold those littles close. You've still have prayers coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not think of a fitting punishment for her. I will continue to keep all in my prayers and light candles every night especially for those innocents.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackie, I know they are sustaining me at this time.

      Delete
  5. Praying for you and your family especially this week! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your entire family a peaceful heart.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turn me loose with her and old as I am, I could do damage to her. Everything you recounted I had heard except for the fact she bathed them. I looked it up online in papers and news accounts. It kills me they had to fight and knew their mother was hurting them. I can imagine how staying in a deep hole is the place that looks safe to you right now. But you will get through this with your sisters. I am so sorry you all must experience this horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is real wacky circumstance that is for sure, and I would be glad to hook you two up for a few moments. You make me laugh thanks.

      Delete
  8. So so sad! Those poor little babies. Sending hugs and prayers for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is forever changed by this. And I am so sorry. A friend told me before that she believes an Angel comes from heaven and brings your soul up so you feel no pain in the last moments before death. I want to believe this for your babies. I am thinking about your family a lot these days and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Ellen I believe that also. I think that even though the body is trying to defend itself, the spirit is in a place of comfort. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Safe travels for all of you, Kim. I’m glad your nephew will have all of you with him. He will need your love and support for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with your daughter prosecutor, these cases where the mother is the one doing the murder are very, very rare. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a mess, but I do believe justice will be served.

      Delete
  12. The sadness must weigh you down like boulders on your chest. I am so sorry for all that has happened to your family. There is no way out but through, one step at a time, as you are all doing. God be with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for you all as you go through the week. Such a sad, senseless thing to happen. I would think the judge that granted this visit must be feeling so much guilt. If someone threatens to kill their children, it must not be taken lightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a common threat, but in this case it was not and I think laws have to change.

      Delete
  14. I can't imagine how difficult it is to move forward one day at a time, with this challenging situation. It's great that you will have your sisters around to help you support your nephew. I'm glad you're getting time with the grandkids, and making time for projects. Don't forget to make time for yourself. You are a critical member of your family - the glue! - & everyone needs for you to be healthy & well.

    ReplyDelete