Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday, Crazy Day, late post!

 

My oh my does Kim need a moment to vent.   Well, I am always venting, but this a particular vent.

I started out this morning with the idea that Signe' would be bringing Oliver down along with Kelsa and Schmills, so she could get a few things done in town.  Didn't know that yesterday when she was supposed to have Oliver that Dan (his dad) was home sick. 

I guess Dan has been experiencing some weird symptoms, that he has been ignoring because he is a man, and he already has his arm in a cast.  He had been seriously vomiting all day and last night appeared to have a bad seizure.  My daughter got him into the hospital about 2 in the morning toting the baby with her.  She also called Dan's mom who made the two-hour drive to the hospital to pick up Oliver.

Dan had a CT scan that showed a wrinkle or a small tumor in the brain.  So, he was held for an MRI at 7 this morning.  The MRI shows a growth, and he is now scheduled for a biopsy up at Kootenai Hospital in Spokane Washington.  This is not good.  It was evident from the MRI that he had a seizure, and he is now on anti-seizure meds. Both kids are now home and sleeping and Oliver's grammi is still with him.

Dan did have a seizure when he was younger and showed the same results in scans.  SO, in comparing the different scans from then and now, it apparently shows changes.  Could the swelling be caused by the severe vomiting or vice versa? Plus, many bad headaches.  We are all very worried, and of course Braunwyn is scared, and I don't blame her.

 She has so much responsibility at the plant, problems getting day care and now a husband that possibly has a serious problem. B has a microbiology and a chemistry degree and is a level 2 operator for sewage and water treatment.  This is a field almost devoid of women. Even though most of her colleagues are much older than her and all men, she holds responsibility when the head boss is away. She will eventually take over the lab for 1/2 of the state of Washington, which will make her 9-5 M-F, but even then, she will still hold top spot for oversight. Her blessings are having two sets of parents who are close and take over as needed.

Hub's last MRI was very short, this last one was 40 minutes so that does not bode well for him either.  Thank goodness our consult is this coming Tuesday, so we don't have to wait forever for answers.

I woke this morning with such high hopes as yesterday I was able to completely finish a dress and get a good start on another. I was to take in a meal to a friend today whose mother is on hospice.  I took in a large pan of stuffed shells I had in the freezer, some French bread, a salad from our garden and I made Swedish almond cake. It was nice to see her mom who was a friend of my mother, and I was able to talk to her, but she is very weak.

I ran to Winco on the way home from dropping off the meal and they had strawberries for .98 a lb.  So, I picked up 10 lbs, to freeze.  I can make jam later if I don't use them in other things. I went to get some tater tots to make a few more casseroles for Dan and Braunwyn. 

I also agreed to make pies for the Father's Day celebration at church, So I pulled out my last two piecrusts and a big bag of apples I sliced and froze earlier.  Hub's favorite pie is Dutch apple, and I will make two of those one for here and one for the church.  I have to laugh as I made two almond cakes and they came out of the oven this morning at about 11:00 it is now 3:00 and there is one sliver left of the one I made for us.  Between Hubs, myself, Signe', Nate the babies and a couple of missionaries who stopped by, it was devoured.  

EVEN THOUGH I CLEANED THE KITCHEN SPOTLESS THIS MORNING IT NOW LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED, PLUS I HAVE TEN LBS OF STRAWBERRIES TO DEAL WITH.  Okay I asked for that. I guess when I get stressed, I cook.

If you need me, I will be in the kitchen.

What do you do when you get bad news and are stressed?  How do you cope? Drinking is always an option....😀

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

26 comments:

  1. I'm sending positive thoughts for your whole family. That is an awful lot to deal with. When I reach a breaking point, I shut down. No baking, no mad cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could do a long private video stretch. Maybe the walkling dead, with bags of chips and boxes of chocolates and of course Diet coke.

      Delete
  2. I eat & drink. It's not a great combo.

    Sending lots of good thoughts your way, for you & your entire family.

    One idea for B is to build a network of friends/parents/sitters she can call in as she needs it. Over the years, after having nannies, babysitters, parents of the kids friends, etc, I typically had 3-5 people I could call on at any given time, in a pinch. Care.com has backup childcare that can be really helpful. It's not cheap, though, but may relieve some of her work anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers for the entire family.

    When I'm stressed out I go to the kitchen and cook or bake. There's something about measuring out ingredients and then mixing them together that soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and then something comes out of the oven that is delicious and you eat it and you feel better.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Kim, that is scary stuff! Sending you good vibes - to your whole family.

    When I'm stressed, I eat. I have to have coping things for me to deal with stress, as I can go into a full anxiety attack. I don't take meds for that, but I do things like meditate, exercise and other non-destructive things. I stopped drinking nearly 5 years ago - I was having trouble stopping, so I decided to quit altogether.

    Cooking and giving back to others is a good coping strategy - you are such an amazing person. Sending you a big hug - take care of yourself, too, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, I am so happy that you recognized the problem with drinking. That is a hard road to travel. I do love to cook, but I also love to eat!.

      Delete
  5. Thinking good thoughts for your son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbie. I am feeling better today knowing more.

      Delete
  6. When under great stress or mild stress, I sewed. Sewing calms me. That is not what I do now. Drinking was never an option unless I drank Coke until the caffeine made me sick. Chocolate Kisses are good. Cooking is not a great thing for me to handle stress right now. I just eat anything, especially fattening stuff. Some days, I cleaned.

    Your family's health is precarious right now. I hope church people help you some and you quit volunteering to bake pies for church. I know it gives you great joy and a sense of purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if sewing were not my income I would do that.

      Delete
  7. Gosh I do hope your son in law is okay Kim .. what a scary time for you all.
    When I am stressed I eat & drink rubbish things & all my good intentions fly out the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for strength and someone to clean the kitchen for you as I can already see you will be there a lot in the time to come. I sit on the kitchen porch or go lay out in the yard and think of the time I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending up prayers for your family. What a lot to have to deal with. I sure am sending good thoughts for each and every one. Huge HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for y’all. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
    When I'm stressed I clean/declutter. Bringing order even to a small space helps to calm me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often do that also. I just get rid of things. Yesterday as I was cooking, I pulled everything out of two cupboards and reorganized. Hub's thought I was nuts, and well.....;

      Delete