Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday, I got things done!


 Isn't this the truth? It is so easy for me to worry and stew when I walk into my shop, or when I start getting client, after client coming in with product.  I have had two wedding dresses come in this morning and only one went out yesterday. I can allow myself to be overwhelmed or I can do something.  Yesterday was a perfect example.

It was a busy day and I had two grandkids here and it poured rain.  So, hubs could not take them outside or fishing or to the park. There were constant interruptions, not so much from the kids but from the phone and the door. 

Well, this is my life, and I can either figure out how to deal with it, or I can sit and worry about it. I chose to begin. I was rather surprised by the end of the day just how much I had accomplished. Piles were done, and I was able to get one wedding dress out and another two ripped and ready.  One was already tried on and I will finish it today.  The other will be tried on today so I can finish it.  Hopefully I can have three out by the end of the week.

Hubs had his biopsy this morning and he is in bed resting.  I think it took some pep out of him, poor guy. He goes in for an MRI tomorrow.  Because of this, our daughter hired a neighbor girl to watch the kids today, and Nate is taking tomorrow off, to allow Hubs to rest.  This is nice because I can really sew and get things done.

I need to make a quick trip and run out and pay bills today. Which I will do after this post. Don't want any late charges.  Then home to hit the shop.

1. hem a white dress

2. replace a zipper

3. put patches on vest

4. alter a pair of pants and put sleeves in a dress

5. finish a wedding dress

6.alter a pile of clothes and make a pillow cover

7. try and rip another wedding dress and call

8. try and rip another wedding dress and all

I have three pounds of hamburger thawed and have no idea what I am going to do with it.  But I will think of something.  Maybe make up taco meat, and some mini meat loafs. I think Land of the living skies, talked about cabbage, onions and ground beef cooked up and baked inside of bread dough.  Doesn't that sound lovely? I have no time to make bread dough.  Me must sew, me must.

But I also feel like I need to make Hubby something nice as he was such a trooper today. Do you ever baby your husband?

Now I have to get to work and that is what it is all about.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

18 comments:

  1. Love this post. Thanks for sharing.

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/24-hours-in-milan/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer seems like perfect time for high schoolers to. E hired to give you a break from babysitting since it's also your buddy season. I'm glad your daughter did that. I know it's expensive but so's therapy for grandma or a major health issue caused by stress. You'll soon have more charts done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful she did this also. Hubs was pretty wiped out off and on the whole day, when I could get him to actually rest.

      Delete
  3. I make my son a simple ground hamburger with cooked rice and onions with cheese and whatever spices you want but we just do salt, pepper, and a little ground garlic and onion.Quick and easy because I am not much of a cook…. lol 😂 Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to your hubs. Oh my, I used to spoil my husband so. If he wanted something, he got it. I am ever so grateful now that I did.
    You both need a break from kids and work. Get caught up and hopefully hubs can get rested as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take so many lessons from you my friend. Try and appreciate him more.

      Delete
  5. Praying for good news for your hubby! Sending hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you considered paying bills online so you can do with a few clicks and save the trip of running out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs and no. SOmetimes I have clicked twice and then pay twice. Remember ADHD. But Sissie is coming out to help me get this set up. Plus we can't pay water, or hearing aids or taxes on line.

      Delete
  7. Hope your husband feels better! And, agree with Sam. Now is a great time to hire a middle or high school student to help out with the kiddos & give you a break during your busy season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to see how it goes for them as they can do it more!

      Delete
  8. I am so happy your daughter hired someone to help her. They are not bed babies, so just keeping them safe, fed and entertained is all the job entails. You really deserve the chance to sew without kids underfoot. I hope your husband thrives with spoiling. Tommy gets spoiled. He smiles a lot, looks like a happy little kid when I cook some things. Since he is so clueless about cooking, he has never had regular home-cooked meals. Until lately, I brought his meal to him in his recliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always serve hubs. My older daughter chided me for this and then I had her watch as he carried his plate while shaking across the room. Then she said okay mom I see why you make his plate and take it to him.

      Delete
  9. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon and that all goes well. Yes I spoil mine especially with food. Glad you have a break to get more done today. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. He is doing better, but he is hard to keep down.

      Delete