Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday, Off to Mc Call

 

My life right now.  But I am hanging in there. Sissie is furious with me as I can't email or blog and she wants the old me schedule before Joel's death and I can't seem to get there.

I try but the new me just screws it up. I am very busy in shop.  Auntie is here.  I should have had her come in next weekend as we are going up to McCall for a hockey tournament and staying at a friend's cabin. But oh well we make do.  Thanks goodness she is used to cold weather.

I am frantically trying to get this month's rack done for my client and then onto bride dresses.  There are 18 in the shop right now.  


I have decided that when Sissie gets here I will probably only do brides and let her do all the mending and hemming and pressing.  That way I can keep up.  She is a very good seamstress just has not done it for a while.

There are 7 women going to Hawaii now and I am sure we will have a ball.  Auntie is so looking forward to it.  

I need to schedule her for a pedicure next week as her poor feet have now been done since Sisi had them done last fall. 

Kelsa remembered Aunty and went right up to her and is so happy she is here.  IT was just so cute.  I took Aunty into her ballet class and Kelsa just ran to her.  So precious.

I had both Kelsa and Oliver the last couple of days and nights as Braunwyn's father in law has covid.  So, the house has been a jungle, but I am able to get a lot more sewing done when both are here as they entertain one another.

Alsa having another adult around helps. Hopefully that will rectify itself soon.

So many changes happening around here.  I am really anxious to get Sissie out here also.

But I am alive and hope to soon be able to keep up with all of you.  I miss you all and the interaction.  I think and pray for you every night.


Kim

8 comments:

  1. You are doing great to blog once a week! Hopefully Sissie will be able to move near you soon! Brandy at The Prudent Homemaker only blogs once a week so don’t be too hard on yourself! Also, you have HOW many wedding dresses in your shop???? Wow!!!Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you post. Blog when it is right for you! You need to quit letting people tell you what you should be doing. You will get a pattern down - when the time is right. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cheryl. I let my sister in laws on my husband's side know last night that I need to keep schedules, actions, activities, etc. solely on what I need to make life work. If that annoys them or others in the family, that's their issue, not mine. Therapy did help me get to a place where I can create and enforce boundaries. Well, much of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Kim - I struggle to blog weekly & I am not busy like you are running a shop. I think you are doing great! Yes definately having the 2 kids together is easier as they entertain each other ... until it erupts into a fight that is!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very busy in the shop which leaves very little time to blog, and catching up with all of us. Good idea to stick to the wedding dresses and let Sissie do the other seamstress things so you can catch up and catch your breath.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a weird season for me. Hard to find motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Sam's take on this.

    As for me, Hawaii sounds amazing. I'm so ready for some sunshine. If Nick's team wins his game today, Sam & I are going to try & book a last minute trip to Hawaii for next week (plus college tour). If his team loses, we go skiing together. I would love a full family trip, but the sun would be a huge plus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet to think of all of us each evening, Kim. As always, it's great to read an update from you. :)

    ReplyDelete