Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday, the piles!


 Or it could be your sister. (Kay)  as in Good Grief. She is getting ready for her big move and every day she emails me all the things she has gotten done. I am proud to her.

Last night I took Kelsa to dance and had two clients waiting for me when I got home.  One was a bride and the other a police officer that works with my son in law.  He had 3 pairs of pants and a zipper replacement, and a formal dress for his daughter all are due out next Tues.  But he brought me a MC Donald's gift card, so he was forgiven.  Feed the Kim diet coke money and she will do almost anything. 

Today I have 4 pairs of pants to hem, a zipper on a dress to replace, darts to put into a dress and then a mother of the bride two-piece ensemble to resize. This woman wore it to her daughter's wedding and now she is wearing the same thing to her granddaughters. Isn't that sweet?  But she has lost over 100 lbs. so big alteration.  Shoulders, sides, arms, hem.  I have to take the arms out of the jacket. I ripped it yesterday so that is the first thing on the pile today.

Tomorrow I am helping daughter move into her new house.


Kim

15 comments:

  1. I know you will be so happy to have your sister closer to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get so much done. I get tired reading the list. It would take me all day just to hem the pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you do things that would take me all day. We each have our own talents and skills. Yours is to just be wonderful.

      Delete
  3. That is a complicated alteration! I know as I have done it. The woman thought that just cut off a half inch to make it fit. Sleeve hole resizing can ruin an outfit. Have you ever had to repair another sewer's mistakes?

    Diet Coke kept me going through many years! On my own I quit caffeine. Doctor warned me to cut it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, many times have I fixed others trial and errors.

      Delete
  4. Kim, I wish I could send you an energizer bunny;). Amazing to read the sewing list, I would be on the flooring unconscious! Obviously sewing is not my skill. Remember when you redid your kitchen and there was dust and more dust. Well, I am just finishing up my renovation and you weren’t kidding. How many months before the dust finally settled down? There is a layer of silt on everything everyday, and it has been a month since the floors went in.,,,.Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been here going on 8 yrs. I still find sawdust LOL

      Delete
    2. It takes as long as it takes. But so discouraging.

      Delete
  5. Busy as a bee as usual. You go Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much to do this week and I so hope I get it done.

      Delete
  6. At first, I read the title wrong and thought you needed Preparation H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do hope your twin is moving close to you! So exciting that your daughter is moving to a new to her house!!! Good things are happening! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete