Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Tuesday, Sewing, sewing


 You know even though I am very busy sewing and I have way too much to do, I still enjoy sewing.  It actually is relaxing to me.  I don't like the stress, but each time I finish a project whether it be a simple hem or a large order of custom things I get a shot of adrenaline.


I keep waiting for the day that I just hate it but so far that has not happened.  I think it is the creative process and of course the money.😁

I am almost done with the rack just one more skirt to go, but I do need to hem a couple of pairs of pants before I start on the skirt.  Then I want to clean up the shop a little as it looks like a bomb went off. 

Then I will do piles today and when they are done, I will get to wedding dresses.

I have no excuses not to get things done as I have no kids to interrupt me. 

Auntie is enjoying her time here, she just got done vacuuming, so I think she wants to help me. I have not started her on quilting yet as I want her to have some rest.  She is kind of like me busy all the time.

I went to make scrambled eggs this morning and I am out of eggs.  I see a trip to the store this evening.

Kim

9 comments:

  1. You are one busy bee. It sure is a plus that you love what you do. That should be every person's goal in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I have always been able to do what I loved.

      Delete
  2. Kim,
    I understand. Sewing is very relaxing, no matter how hard it might be at times or what I am sewing.
    Some people have asked me why I drop stuff on the floor and why I don't clean as I go. Dumb people!
    Running out of eggs is as bad as running out of Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't think they are "dumb". That's awfully rude! Does your sewing shop get busy or not so busy? Kim - So lovely to read that you still enjoy sewing!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is dumb to come into my sewing room and insist I clean as I sew a garment.

      Delete
    3. Linda so happy to hear from you. Getting worried. I DO not clean as I go and it gets pretty bad, but then to a point that I can't stand it and I clean again.

      Delete
    4. When I drop something in the mess, it takes time to find it. With a serger, messes will be made. I have dragged those pieces all over the house after they land on my knee or feet. Yes, it was supposed to fall into something like a bag. But, things happen...often.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you still enjoy sewing, and that it relaxes you, Kim. Loving what you do for a living is so terrific!

    ReplyDelete