Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wednesday, Already been to the garden

     I am having to get out first thing in the morning the last few days for the garden as we have had a couple of hot days. Hallelujah! I know some of you want to slap me right now. Yesterday was officially 102 which means it was 112 down town.  But the clouds rolled in while Hubs and I were walking the levy,and we just escaped a hard rain storm by inches.  Cooling the valley down to 73 in a short amount of time.

     I have to take a meal into my friend and I already have a huge batch of pasta in the fridge which I will reheat.  I will make a tomato/cucumber onion salad and as I just picked 1/2 gallon of blueberries, that calls for a batch of blueberry scones for dessert.  The kitchen is a disaster with produce all over and pots and pans.  One of my goals today is to go upstairs and face that debacle.

     There are a couple of loads of laundry to do and my shop needs more love.

1. Indian/Pakistan wedding dress  to hem and shorten the sleeves
2. finish attaching lace and bustling another wedding dress.
3. Hem 6 pairs of pants
4.work on a really rough/hard sequin dress ( all hand work Ugh!)

     But all in all a rather light day for the shop.  If I can get all this done and nothing else is pressing for tomorrow, I think I am going to try and spend the day in the yard tomorrow.  The garden is out of control weeds.  I might be able to get out there for a couple hours this evening.

     Yesterday one of our retirement savings accounts sent a statement and I am happy to say since hubs retired our almost $100,000 in savings has grown by almost $7,000 dollars.  Each of our accounts even thought the market has been up and down has continued to grow.  I am so grateful for this.

     I can hardly wait for my Sissie to get here.  She is coming in less than 3 days.  Joy, joy, Happy Joy.  Or is is it Happy, happy, joy, joy?!

Well I have so much to do, so signing off.

What are you going to do today to save money and make your financial life better?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

17 comments:

  1. Love following your posts.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have blueberries to pick! That was a dramatic temp drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just made fresh scones and froze a quart for later.

      Delete
  3. I picked raspberries and 6 peppers today. I think it is Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. But either way works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to get most of the weeding and trimming completed today. Enough that I can work on something else tomorrow. It will probably be laundry, picking up the house and cleaning out the van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get out at all but I am determined today.... (I think)

      Delete
  5. We also got a little cool-down, thanks to rain. The dogs frolicked like they were pups again. Your tomato/cucumber/onion salad sounds delicious, but it would send me running for the Pepcid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes do that to some people, but cucumbers are the worst.

      Delete
  6. I am impressed with all you do each and every day. I am not sure what is happening here, because it is normally hot as blazes and super humid. We have had highs in the high 80's and little humidity for the past couple of days. It feels like fall. I know crappy weather is coming back, but I am seriously enjoying this break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice when you get a break from heat and humidity. We just had our first set of fires that usually start in the beginning of July. I hope it is our lat set.

      Delete
  7. Fantastic growth on your investment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work increasing your retirement account!

    For today:
    -I'm going to a workout class with a friend
    -Continuing my experimental sanding project
    -Getting a few groceries before the boys get home tomorrow
    -Hopefully getting some yard work done as well

    ReplyDelete