Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wednesday, the madness continues

  I don't really know where wedding central is?  Is it Lil sis's house or mine?  Every surface seems to be covered with wedding vomit as we call it.  We have 1/2 the silver polished and will probably have this done tonight.

     My two girlfriends from Montana came in last night and my Eldest daughter is due in sometime around noon.  I also have to pick my 85 year old aunt up at the airport in an hour.

     Hubs has a salmon that needs to be brined and I need to help him get that over to the church where we have a fridge big enough to hold it.

     Sis and I ran all day yesterday, we went to Costco to get the briskets.  One of my good friends is cooking and smoking them pre slicing and then they will be reheated on grills up at the wedding.  She brought over some slices last night on one they had done earlier.  They had purchased a new smoker and wanted to make sure it worked right and I am telling you that was the best brisket I have ever had.  I am so grateful for the village I have around me to get things done.

     We contacted the florist at Albertsons and her flower delivery comes in at 8 a.m.Friday morning so we will meet her and the truck to pick out what we want first.  Today I am getting all the  ribbon picks done for the boutonnieres and corsages. Anything that can be done early will be done so set up is easier.  We are even putting the Jordan almonds /mints  and  mixed nuts in respective silver for the center pieces and covering with plastic, so we just have to plunk them out.

     Eldest daughters bridesmaid dress will be altered today.  That will leave just one dress for last minute bridesmaid.

    I am waiting for a bride from out of town who will pick up her dress today and it was finished last week. If she doesn't get here soon, she will have to call me as I am getting things done that I need to and not waiting on clients.  I made that clear.

     Yesterday Sis and I went to home depot and replaced the large 8 by 10 area rung in my front room. When our old dog Sandy was becoming ill with age she started to wet on one spot.  We had to have her put down and then I had the rug professionally cleaned.  I paid almost as much to clean it as I paid for it.  They stretched it wonky and I still could smell urine so I decided to bite the bullet and replace it.  The nice thing is my Sis has a military discount and we were able to get a new rug for less than cleaning the old one again.

     Lil sis who used to be a hairdresser in her former life before she became an executive, did my hair last night and covered up the 2 inches of grey roots.  I am totally grey now and have been since in was in my mid 20's.  So grateful to have this service.

     Tomorrow we will be grocery shopping and organizing the cooking the salad making that will go on on Friday and Saturday.

     Well I am off to get things done.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

13 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get a new rug and saved money using your sis's discount. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy and much excitement. I am guessing the wedding is Saturday! Oh my - what a mad dash to get it all done. Then BREATHE! You will get a rest soon.

    Take care and don't over do it. I know that is a stupid comment!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all is coming together as it should. My hair is snow white without Garnier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair changes colors all the time so who know what color it really is?
    You have gotten so much done and have so much help. Wishing you well on the silver polishing. I wish I was there because I really do secretly enjoy polishing silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was there helping you but I wouldn't be much help right now other than keeping you laughing. Enjoy your MOTB(mother of the bride)day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting times!!!!!
    You are so organized, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot on your plate! I helped with the flowers for a friend's wedding years ago and I enjoyed that so much—I love touching their cool, moist leaves and petals. Hope you enjoy it too! Your silver is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's crunch time now, but it will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are super organized! I am enjoying all of these posts on what you are doing for the wedding. If you ever give up sewing, you could be a wedding planner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited for you and your family, and hoping you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you are busy Kim. I wish I was there to help too because I don't mind polishing silver at all!! Wishing you all the best for the big day. xx

    ReplyDelete