Thursday, September 24, 2020

Thursday, Thanks guys, doing a little better, I think?

      I had a good talk with Lil sis and Sissie( although Sissie beat me up and knocked some sense into me.   I hate it when she does that.  Lil Sis was nicer and actually came over even though she was very upset about her house dealings.  She talked me off my ledge and we had some good laughs. If Sissie was here we would have laughed harder.

     I did get the shop cleaned yesterday by setting a timer under Sissie's direction.  Do you know how long it took me? Less than 30 minutes.  Now is it perfect? No! But is is functional.


 This pile in the corner will eventually be in the closet but for now it is okay.

Clean, and I did get that bride dress done! Also had a fitting so I can get started on the dreaded camo wedding. I really like my ironing board here, it is much more functional.



Nice and clean just asking me to come in and get busy.



The ironing is in the closed closet for right now.  I do not have to look at it and feel guilty. Out of site out of mind.

After I had a call from D#2 I felt better. One of the advanced ballet teachers and her daughter are being tested for covid, so I had agreed to teach class last night and that was bothering me.  I did not want daughter to have to teach 3 times this week, but then she told me she would do it as she was called to teach the hour before.  That would put me teaching 2.5 hours and exposed to more parents and students.  I told her how I felt and how I was trying to make her life easier and she put a stop to that. It was so nice to have her agree to teach and that she would be alright and I should not be stressing about her.  So I actually agreed which was hard for me.

Then I got a text from the studio owner asking me to sub a 5 o'clock tap class.  I did not answer the text.  I did not say no but I did not engage.  I am proud to me. (as my eldest used to say when she was young) I actually turned down to opportunities to take on additional work. I know don't faint.

I actually got into the native skirt project and after I run down to the Native store I should be able to finish one today.  I also have a few pairs of pants to fix and a homecoming dress to alter.

Hubs and I ran to Albertsons this morning to get proscriptions refilled and I hit a great meat sale.  All marked down and then 50% off the mark down price.  So I picked up all the burger they had, a large package of pork chops and two large packages of chicken legs.  Chicken was less that .50 a pound.  Now I have to burst the stuff into smaller portions to freeze and then I am on with my day.

If I can get this skirt and the sewing finished I am going to do the book work and desk.

One thing at a time here.

Have a great and productive day staying positive wheel you are in the negative.


Kim



18 comments:

  1. Yep, slow and steady. Little bites at a time. I find I do more with setting time limits. 15 minutes and go on or 30 minutes and go on. Then come back later.
    Good for you not answering.
    I am still amazed you said you went to the 'native' store. Didn't know there was such a thing! Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I mean is a Native American Indian gift store. I am doing some custom work for her, which is fun but not as much mney as alterations.

      Delete
  2. Well, I am stunned and proud of you, too. My mother did things to help me and it hurt her. She would be beyond tired when she said she was trying to "Help me." It hurt me to find out how exhausted she was.

    That was a great meat deal!

    What is in a native store? What is the name so I can look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a native American Indian gift shop.We have several around here.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I do that with a text ... not engage with it. I think its a good idea at times. I am proud of you too Kim. You are doing great - it may not feel like it but you really are!! Remember to breathe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just have a hard time sometimes. I think I have had too much on my plate for too long.

      Delete
  4. I do the ignore the text. Son 2 got me started on it as he did it himself.
    I like how you have the sewing room laid out. Do you have a table you cut fabric on or is that something you do so little of that you don't really need something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are feeling better, and small bites seems to be working. Your area looks lovely and ready to be worked in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Sissie had "the Talk" with you and glad Lil Sis was there to talk you down from the ledge.
    I will tell you that the word "no" is a perfectly legitimate word and requires no explanation.I have a good friend who has a stock answer that she uses all the time "Thank you for thinking of me. I know I should but right now I am going to decline" It is the perfect no. After I learned it from her I have used it successfully several times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you are getting support & tough love. ;-) And please continue to turn down work when you are overwhelmed. Shut off your guilty voice & remember that the healthier & more balanced you are, the better person/wife/sister/mom/grandmother you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true, but I am not sure what healthy is, have to work on that.

      Delete
  8. You should have this as a safe space to lament and let some of your anxiety out-I do all th etime. I an feeling overwhelmed often now, and I find the blog community s so helpful to just get perspective, get my internal thoughts out, and just get ideas to help me move forward. I love the shop set up and hope it works for you. I am going to tackle getting a better work space this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog land is great for getting your feelings out and for support and good advice. I know I really appreciate everything every one tells me.

      Delete
  9. Hi Kim,
    So glad you have the support you need.. The shop looks great!! Tidy and functional. Can't ask for anything more. and good for you for learning to say no! Maybe not directly but it's a start!.. I am the same way. I know my body is just not wanting to do something but my mouth kicks into gear before my brain although, like you.. I am learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth though? Dang mouth, it has always been my problem....

      Delete