Thursday, October 1, 2020

Thursday, What happened to yesterday?


      The world is moving too fast at this house. Hubs and I got up on Wednesday and went to Home depot to pick up 30 of the 65 pound blocks.  We put 10 in my car and 20 in the truck.  I actually did not do anything but drive. The missionaries were waiting for us to Hubs relief. There is no way he could have unloaded all of those by himself.

     It was like a whirl wind came through as the day started off fast and furious.  I was able to get three bridesmaid dresses done and get the camo wedding dress hemmed.  I also almost have the camo trimmed veil done.  I still need to put  the bustling hooks dress.  I really sewed all day long.

     Little Sis has bought a house and it closes on the 23 of October.  Speaking of October, I can't believe it is here already. September went by so fast, but then again I was very busy.

     I am feeding the missionaries, overnight waffles for lunch.  They are having a breakfast lunch.  It is cheap and they love it as they don't usually get a big breakfast.  We have plenty of eggs, and the yeasted waffle batter can be made for pennies.  I added sausage links I purchased for 70% off.

     Great sales this week in the paper. Many things are limit 2 but I will go back several times.  I had been waiting for a good cheese sale. I think $2.00 a pound is a great price for cheese.  What do you try to buy cheese at? Also 90% lean burger is $1.99 a pound but you must buy 3 pounds.  It is heavily wrapped so I don't have to rewrap when I get home. Although I have plenty of ground beef I will not pass up this price. What is your stock up price for ground beef of good quality?

     Today after I take care of lunch my goals are to finish the veil, bustle the dress, and get the two bridesmaid dresses done and the flower girl dress.  I have a lot to do.

Anyway October is starting out with a bang.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

17 comments:

  1. you made me tired, I need a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten a lot done Kim!... My week has been an absolute blur until this afternoon. This migraine just kept coming and with it sickness so I feel like my entire week so far is a haze but I am finally coming out of it hallelujah!! I'm so glad ya'll had some help with those blocks. It sounded like a lot and heavy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate headaches and I get them so often. I really feel for you my friend.

      Delete
  3. what great deals on cheese and hamburger. I would get it too - even if I didn't need now. You will always use it. Stock up.
    I sure hope we get to see the camo dress!! Did you take pics of the Indian dress or did I somehow miss that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get pictures soon, just trying to finish a few things up so I can get the full affect.

      Delete
  4. I am happy when I can find Kraft 8 oz chunks for $2. I buy good ground beef or chicken at $2/lb. Now, what are the 60 lb. blocks? The missionaries are always young and hungry...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are building a retaining wall for a garden spot.

      Delete
  5. I guess your sister buying a house has added to your work list as well. Is there anything you could give up? Of course not-you are Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I could give up helping my sister move and decorate, but she won't let me. Drats!

      Delete
  6. Your sewing is really moving right along. You will have everything finished before you know it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so Jackie, I am so behind the 8 ball right now.

      Delete
  7. I stock up on ground chuck when it hits 1.99 lb. It happens a couple of times a year at ThePig which is where I buy almost all of our meat. When it hits that I buy about 30 pounds then spend all day processing it.
    Please take and share a pic of the camo dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are as busy as usual. The overnight waffles sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were, I think each boy ate at least 3 or 4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love overnight yeast waffles!

    ReplyDelete