Friday, October 28, 2022

Friday, Such a nice decision.


I am telling you deciding to take Friday's off was one of the best if not the best decision I have made in a long time.  Even thought I still may do some sewing on Friday I do not have to greet clients.

I had things to do this morning, like getting my nails done and going to get a list of essentials like, dog, cat,chicken feed.  I did not even worry about leaving the house.  I just went. 

Going to a 4 day work week will not hurt my business at all and it will give me more time to relax and do the things I want to do.

I tryed hard to get the house cleaned yesterday with my timer method and it was a total failure, as I had client after client.  I was trying to make meatloaves for Lil sis and I and also help the grandkids frost cookies.  Actually I frosted and they decorated and I am sure glad I waited to clean the kitchen area until after they were done.  Sprinkles every where. See pictures of my mess throughout blog, this was just me! No help from grand kids, that came later.

Kim's floor after cooky (yes cooky) baking

A good friend came over to pick up a quilt top I had done and she is going to quilt it for me.  Which is great as I cannot see any time in the far flung future that I will get it done.

We had expected 10 cross country runners and parents this evening, but now we are down to five.  I was not worried about sleeping or feeding them, but showers were going to be an issue with our one hot water tank.  Hubs got permission to shower all the runners at the high school.  He has the keys we will just send over a large bag of towels, cloths, soap and hair products. We can handle the adult bathing here. Don't know if we will need to provide breakfast, but if we do, I will make BBIT, best breakfast in town and hot cakes.

Anything stainless steel is now a disaster!

 

BBIT is one pound of bacon, one pound of sausage, chopped onion, chopped cooked potatoes, eggs, all fried together and topped with cheese.  You can feed an army with this and I have everything here, plus niece is bringing me potatoes from the ranch.  Then I can do pancakes from scratch easy. I will have to lay in some milk, and some orange juice.  I will also pull Sis's coffee maker from the garage and run down to lil sis's for some coffee to put in it.

I purposely made a huge batch of cookies so the kids would have snacks when they came. I also took several plates of cookies around this morning to different people in our church that are shut in.  They love those frosted sugar cookies.

See Kim's fairy foot prints?  These will lead you to any room in the house.

Saturday I have to take a large pot of Chili to a church chili feed and a trunck or treat activity.   We will all have treats in the trunks of our cars the kids can go from car to car in the safety of a parking lot.  We will have Kelsa that night and then probably through Monday as she is here Monday anyway.  I don't know for sure.  But it will be a busy weekend.  I also think the runner's will be here Saturday evening as well, but they can go to the chili feed.  It is a 10 hour drive back to their home town in Idaho.

Front door handle with flour on it.

Anyway, I have a bathroom to clean, and a bed to make, I have the beans soaking for chili and the meat thawing.  There will be left over meat loaf for dinner.

I think I will take a nap!


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

23 comments:

  1. For taking the day off - you sure did stay busy!!!! Glad you have decided no clients on Friday - that is huge. Have a fantastic weekend - sound s like lots of excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy weekend, but taking Friday off sure helped with prepping for the weekend.

      Delete
  2. I think it’s great that you are taking time off to get other things done on Friday. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to take the day off. It lets you get other things done without worrying about sewing.

    Good bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As mom to former cross country runners, thank you! We used to feed visiting orchestras to the highschool. The kids were so happy for home cooked food. I bet those kids are so grateful for your hospitality as are the receiver's of the cookies. That's so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you cut your hours so you could be free of demands from other people. That is a lot of flour all over the place! Post pictures of your kids in costume if you can. Of course, pictures of the cookies will let us see the efforts of the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am sorry Will took all his creations to school. But I will definitely take pictures tonight.

      Delete
  6. Which town in Idaho? I aim to learn from your hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Lewiston Idaho our runners were from Dietric, which is by Arco.

      Delete
  7. Kim, you continue to amaze and inspire! God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow that’s quite a “day off” ;). Congrats on taking fridays off, in the past you would have had sewing plus everything else, yikes! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was so nice to have the day to do other things or I would have been trying to cram everything into one day.

      Delete
  9. It was a great idea to close the shop on Fridays, so you're not interrupted doing what you want/need to do. Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, It was great to have that day to prep for other things.

      Delete
  10. You are smart to take Friday off. You need one day unencumbered to do what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you are taking Fridays off! Nicely done. And, you always inspire me to do more for others. Love the helping the cross country team, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun. Lots of laughs with those kids.

      Delete