Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Wednesday, I'm back!


 Well, I got in about noon yesterday, and I was a little sleepy as I got up at 3:30 to get to the airport on time. With the three-hour time difference between DC and Idaho it makes for a semi strange day.  But I stayed up until 11:00 so I could try and get my sleep pattern back somewhat.

I had an absolutely marvelous time. We laughed and laughed, mostly at me I think as I can be a bit dense. The weather was wonderful, except coming home from the beach we hit a torrential rainstorm. Anne was driving and you could hardly see a thing.  There was a car going really slow in front of us with flashers on and you could follow him.  It is very dangerous to pull off as someone could think you are moving and rearend you. But Anne could see the flashing.  I told her to turn her flashers on and she did not know where they were, but Sluggy was a good copilot and found them.  It was white knuckle for a while, and I felt bad for her.  But we made it back to the house safely.


Sissie's very disgusting T-shirt.  We went to the outlet mall and bought a few Christmas presents.  Slugs and her hubby will be with us at Christmas and I am so excited. We will stay at Sissie's after the cruise.  So, I don't have long to wait to see them again. Now if I could just figure out how to get Ane and her husband up there.

I love the beach and could have spent much more time there.  I did get a little color on my face and my forehead is now peeling. We stopped at a little town called Enterprise and had lunch. 

Sis and I in front of the Ronald Mc Donald Boll weevil. 


Slugs, and Sis and I.  Anne refuses to have her picture taken, and she is a lovely woman. So funny, she is truly a kindred spirit.  We just laughed so much we hurt.

Anne's bouse is deceiving, it is beautiful, but does not look overly large and then you get inside, and it goes on forever.  Like doors, and doors and doors.  It is a magic house. She is a lovely hostess,


Me with beach hair. Of course, Slugs and I had to continue our competition of who could find the most change.  It was very stiff, and I am sure she won as Anne was aiding and abetting her. But we are really cheap entertainment.


Sissie on the beach.  We loved going down for a few hours.  I could have stayed down longer, but Sissie is getting delicate in her old age. I am used to playing with grandkids and making sandcastles and staying out longer.


Sissie was having a hard time driving, and I even saw her run into a glass door at a restaurant. So glad we figured out the problem, before we got on the road again.


Off course we had to find a donut shop, because what is the world like without donuts?

Anyway, I am glad to be home.  Hubs was able to get all his gear removed the Tuesday before I left, and our eldest daughter came in and stayed with him until Sunday. He was still in need of some care, although Braunwyn was much more into changing the dressings than Jess. Jess has always had an aversion to blood.  B relishes in the gore.  B and Signe' then checked on Hubs throughout the next week and I found him in good shape when I got home.  He still tires and little easy and is not up to walking his usual long distances, but he is back to work at the high school and seems to think the surgery was a success.

My sister-in-law had to cancel her second chemo treatment as she has lost so much weight and her white blood count is too low. She needs to gain some weight, so we of course are worried. Please continue to pray for her.

I am so happy I told everyone that called while I was gone that I would not be home until the 20th as I did not want to be swamped the moment I arrived on the scene, which has happened so many times before.  I am a slow learner.

It is my daughter Signe's 35 birthday today.  I have Kelsa as she would not leave me last night and my grandma heart could not stand it. Sig will pick her up later today and I will give her a gift. I need a few days to get used to the time change. I am loving not having anything to do but get used to just being.

I was able to get most of my Christmas shopping done while on vacation, just have a couple more things to buy and I am done which is so nice.  

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

26 comments:

  1. It's nice to have you back. I enjoyed Anne's recap. Take me with next time!!! Shameless self invitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told them you wanted to come with and I think that just might be doable next time. We could all just fly into Panama city. We could have so much fun.

      Delete
    2. So shameless self invitations work! You all make me smile.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, Kim! It's so nice to see you in pictures! it looks like you had a grand time with your family. Glad to hear your husband is recovering well. Sending good vibes to your sister-in-law (I'm dealing with the same: my brother's partner is going through chemo right now for breast cancer).

    Smart you, telling everyone you were not back until tomorrow! Enjoy your vacation-from-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, cancer sucks. I worried about Vizini while I was gone so was so happy to see him in your picture.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous beach pics! So glad y’all had a wonderful time!!!!! I have a new, tiny, grandbaby!!!!!Mom and baby are doing fine!! Hope they come home from hospital soon, maybe today!!!Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is better than a new baby. SO happy for you. Next time we go I want to look you up!

      Delete
    2. Sounds good! I could have told y’all about the boll weevil statute…. Lol. I work in South Alabama but closer to the Western side of the state, so a couple of hours from Mr. Boll Weevil. Enterprise is a cute little town tho. I am closer to “To Kill a Mockingbird” area. Cindy in the South

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time. The pictures are awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, so warm, it has turned cold here.

      Delete
  5. Kim, thanks for the update and actually seeing pictures of three of the four of you ;). Glad you had a great vacation and even had a buffer of days off when you got home. I checked your blog a lot while you were gone…apparently your life is far more exciting than mine ;). Glad your husband is healing well. Welcome back! Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was exciting for the last few weeks that is for sure. I am happy to be home, but I miss that paradise.

      Delete
  6. Jre That looks so fun!! Envious of you all! I don’t always comment but you all deserve that. December sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back! You were missed. It sounds like a fantastical trip in all ways. It will take a while to get back in the swing of things. I get back to a normal schedule today as well. Read Sunday to see what I was up to!!
    Glad the world is coming back in sync the way it should be. Get some resy and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know and it is lovely although I have two brides due in this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was lovely, I am happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it was a great trip! We will have to meet up some day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, You were missed!!! I loved your photos! I am so glad you had the very best time together at the beach! And it was so nice to see a photo of you! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are definitely not dense, Kim. Sheltered? Probably!
    It was a fun few days (too few)

    ReplyDelete