Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday, blessed are the peacemakers

     Oh my, my family is so fun!  (Substitute whacho for fun) Mom and little Sis got into it again last night.  Bad!  It was over my brother calling for money again.  I am so tired of fighting with her over this issue and I have shed so many tears I have given up.  She will do what she wants to do.  Until I seek a guardianship which is in the works I will have to turn a blind eye.  As long as my brother cannot embezzle or swindle her I am okay and she is okay. 

     The family ( we girls) have deep seated emotional issues when it comes to money and my mother's unfair treatment of us compared to our brothers.  Now mom has to live with her past sins.  This is the third blow up they have had in about a month.  Actually they are both alike and neither will give an inch.  Both are hyper sensitive about certain issues.  Sis( little) has always been mom's favorite because she made so much money, was very funny, was very talented, was very attractive.  Mom has gotten great kudos from Sis.  Sis's temper keeps mom on edge.  But then she has allowed this since Sis was little.  Sis always gets her way. 

     Things have not gone well for Sis since the crash of the economy.  The downward spiral has been hard and heavy this last year.  Mom does not want to admit that there are problems.  She wants things the way they were when Sis was on top.  That may never happen again.  It is hard to give up the dreams you have for your children.

     After mom and Sis's big blow up last night we got nothing done.  Hub's and Sis tried to move a mattress out of our house and Sis was walking backwards down our cement back steps, in flip flops.  Hub's shoved, Sis lost her balance and went over backwards.  It was bad.  She whiplashed her head on the cement.  She really injured her shoulder.  A goose egg the size of a man's fist was on her head and she has a terrible scrape and bruise on her shoulder.  Mom is screaming and crying and throwing a fit all evening.  She is continuing to throw a fit this morning. 

     I am the peacemaker.  I stand my ground however.  Sis is entitled to her opinion and feelings.  Mom is also entitled.  I just go with the flow.  In the mean time life goes on and I am trying to maintain some semblance of order.

     As for moving forward ( and not backward in flip flops)  Hub's and I painted the first coat on the china hutch and moved it to it's spot in the room.  We will give it a second coat today.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

     Have a great and productive day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like my childhood. My parents favored the three sons over the three daughters. The brothers were the medical POA, POA and executor of the will and estate. It was just pure hell as they settled things in their autocratic styles with no transparency of any kind. That was the demarcation in my life. I really will have almost nothing to do with those men. I finally concluded, "Why in the world am I putting up with this?" My parents are gone, and I don't have to pretend anymore. I cannot tell you the relief I feel! Just because they are family does not mean you have to put up with all that crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents say they love all their children equally - we children all know that's not true. My brothers were favoured over us 3 sisters - that's just the way it was. Many many years later and the favoured ones are doing well and us sisters, well, we've had more than our share of difficulties.

    ReplyDelete