Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday, I am a screwball...

     I sometimes think I need a keeper.  Well I guess I should say I really do need a keeper.  I have three wedding dresses hanging up on all the shop hooks so it looks like a ghost movie in there.  One came yesterday morning, for a try on and I expected her in the afternoon.  I have to no sew at least 7 yards of lace back on the the bottom of the dress and put on hooks and bustling buttons. Then that monster is done.

     I have a another that is done.  It is hanging ready for a try on this afternoon at 2:00.  Bride comes from out of town.  This one was the one that was 18 yards around and blistered my hands.  I will be glad to see it go.

     The third was a bride that I thought was another bride.  She text me and said she was coming at 3 yesterday but as I had her mixed up her dress was not ready.  SO it was a whirlwind try and get it somewhat ready and I did.  With two small children in tow I might add.  Whew.  I hate it when I screw thing up like that.  Anyway, I should have these three out by next Monday or Tuesday and then I just have one left to get out before we leave.  It is crazy in there.

     I want to get my nails done today and I have a lesson I need to prepare for tomorrow for church.  Also daughter is coming in for a few hours and I am hoping to get some laundry and house work done this weekend.

     I was so wiped out last night.  Morning was tears and sever arthritis pain, the little all day, the bride fiasco, by the time the Littles were picked up I was  beyond, beyond.  I had all the ingredients for homemade pizza, but was so tired.  Hub's offered to open a can of something but I told myself to get upstairs as pizza dough takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make.  So while we watched the news our pizza bakes.  1/2 white pizza with fresh garden tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, the other 1/2, sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, olives.  It was so good.  We will have leftovers today.

     Sometimes you just have to make yourself do things even when you don't feel like it and the results are great.  I am hoping the three wedding dresses are like the pizza.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

4 comments:

  1. You do so much!! Take time for you, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a very nice day yesterday. Mostly I just puttered spent time with my sister. nice and relaxing.

      Delete
  2. I still cannot get over that you watch young children while trying to accomplish all you do. I'm not that nice-but I also don't have grandchildren I might be in your shoes some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either.But this young couple has such a double whammy of problems. They are nice and hard working, but second marriage for both. He still has three children he pays child support on and now two new ones less than a year apart, plus she has a daughter by a previous marriage. Actually all the kids are with them most of the time. So day care on two littles is about $100 a day. If we do this it saves them $400.00 a month. We will try and do this as long as we are able. It is hard but I get great joy out of the children and I believe we are blessed by having them. You are very nice in your own ways.

      Delete