Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tuesday, Get her done addition

     Last night Hub's and I went shopping for a gift for one of our littles and we also picked up some diapers and newborn clothes for a family in our ward that is getting a foster baby from the NICU.   It is nice to be debt free as it allows us the opportunity to bless others with abundance.  The abundance used to go to interest.

     I am making a huge pot of home made chicken noodle soup today to take some in to another family. Tonight we will go and deliver our goodies.

     I had one of my brides that was to pick up today text that she was called into work and the other has not contacted me yet.  But the one dress that I don't have done wants to come in today.  Isn't that just the way it goes?

     I feel like I have a huge stretch of time in front of me today to just get everything that has been bugging me done or at least added to my tackle list.

So here is the list my friends:

1. start soup  (Chicken boned from mom's funeral) Started, onions, carrots, celery, garlic chopped, stock and bones boiling.Cooking waiting for noodles
2. laundry (start and organize) started  Done boom!
3. straighten family room and DUST!  It is shameful let me tell you started Done!
4. dig and replant front flower bed Done
5. cut back ivy to see why front flower bed not getting the water it needs Done
6. organize shop into piles of what needs to be done and there are a lot of piles. Done
7. make a batch of home made bread to go with soup started  raising #1 raising #2, in oven
8. make home made noodles for soup Done
9. sew like a woman on fire Trying not much energy left

     Some times I don't know why I try as while I was composing the above list I had three fully lined jackets come in that have to be tailored in the sleeves and shoulders. Also four tops to be hemmed and lace moved up.  Just kill me now.  It is only 10:46.  I have been open 45 minutes.

     Actually I can get the family room done in under 10 minutes. The laundry is a  work in progress, requiring a few minutes here and there.  The front flowers bed and ivy maybe a 1/2 hour.  I will make the bread  and let it rise twice it only takes about 10 minutes to make it. I can work while it rises and then I will put noddles into soup when I put bread in oven.  In between I can organize shop and sew.  See how I plan?  Now let's see if it works.

     "Oh ye of little faith" I will return and report when I get something done.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

   

10 comments:

  1. It is so awesome to be debt free I am sure. It allows to be a blessing. I love it. This is one of my goals that we are working towards. Hope you get all you need to accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wiped out and I still have hand work to do, but I will drink a diet coke and see what I can accomplish, thanks for checking in.

      Delete
  2. Of course you did not have the dress done that a bride wanted, just all the dresses of brides who were not going to show up! I hate that.

    I hate interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paying off your home is one of the best feelings ever . . . I'm sending you good wishes . . . the day you make that last payment, you need to celebrate :) Good luck on your list . . . I always get up each day with a list that a super woman couldn't get done, but I make my list anyway. I do find that a list keeps me on track.
    Keep Smiling,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever put things on your list that you have already done so you can cross something off? Like get brush teeth

      Delete
  4. I have been reading you long enough to know you will get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done a lot more or should have done alot more sewing.

      Delete
  5. When we were debt-free, we were able to help our family/friends several times, and it was wonderful to be able to do so. We used to say the best thing about having an emergency fund was it didn't have to be for our emergency. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to help people out in small ways.

      Delete