Monday, October 14, 2019

Monday, Home Again, Fun was had...

Here is a view from our room at Ocean City, which I got mixed up as Virginia Beach, but then we have a Virginia city here and I am always a little (a lot) off most of the time.  It was beautiful the first day, and then windy and wet but we enjoyed ourselves any way. Because we are easily entertained.







Our first night out to dinner. Me, Sissy and Slugs, such laughs and fun.












Here is my Edith Anne impression.  I could hardly get down from this chair, now that would have been a funny picture.  We are on our way to get donuts so I am happy.









Sluggy has a fascination for turtles.





Both Sis and Slug are married to Dans so we had to stop and get this one as it was appropriate.







We spent a good part of our time shopping the outlets.  Here is the damage in Sis's car before she left to go back to DC.  She had to run payroll for her company on Thursday morning so she left a day early.  Leaving Slugs and I to our own crazy selves.  Probably not a good idea.


Sluggy and I spent the day going to Ollies a cheap retail store, we also found money as we stopped at several drive ups and scouted for coins.  She was the driver.  We laughed and laughed.  Such idiots we are, but like I said we are easy to entertain.  Our total for the afternoon of second handing and money scouting was $1.64.   Which we split.  It is always a contest to see who finds the most change.  Slugs took me to a brewery and we had a home made rootbeer it was so good.


Then off to other adventures. We could not resist a picture of the chicken.  This was after we went to see the ponies on an Island I cannot spell or say the name of.  Sasquatch something.



We could not resist a selfie with our cousin the monkey.






I stepped out of the car when I was with Sis going to Aldi and I found a quarter.  How thrilling is that?





Home again and ready for church, here we are sipping a diet coke after church on Lil sis's porch.  We always stop there after church to antagonize her. She was not home and I was checking on her cats.  Yeah we all know I just wanted a soda.  Hubs is so happy to have me home.

Now I have to face the 5 loads of laundry and get everything put away.  I made him a nice meal last night of fried chicken fingers, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and biscuits.  Then I left the kitchen a mess.

     I came home with many Christmas gifts and gifties from Sluggy.  My Sis as usually was overly generous and bought me a ton of wonderful clothes and then let me go through her closet for things she was getting rid of. I hated to leave her.  I also came home with enough Christmas fabric to make at least 5 large quilts.  One of Sis's friends mom passed  away and she was able to go through the fabric. I can't say when I will have time to do this, but I am flying my Aunt out in Jan. for a couple of weeks to teach me how she quilts a particular Indian star quilt.  Now all I have to buy will be batting.

     It was a great trip and I miss Slugs and Sis.  I think if we lived closer we would get into so much trouble.  I can't wait to do this again.

     Now I have to face the music of home.  Like the shop, the laundry, the kitchen, some decluttering and cleaning. Hubs and I have to makes lists of everything we need done in the house before we sell and get started on these projects.  We have a church potluck this Friday, and hubs has his young church group string ensemble coming over on Saturday morning to practice and make cookies.  We will have the littles on Wednesday and I have to figure out what I am going to use up in the freezers.

     Life goes on after a vacation and we have to get back to reality.  Dang that reality, it always bites you.  We had a really bad freeze here while I was gone so the garden is dead, dead.  At least I don't have to deal with the ongoing produce.  I will go out and gather the few pumpkins I have and make pumpkin puree for pies.  But that can wait.

     I am itching to pay off the house and I keep strategizing how to do it.  So far nothing has worked out. But I am hoping for November. I have to really see where the money lays and also get the bills paid for the month.  Yikes tomorrow is the 15th!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

23 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a great time. I am excited for your getting so close to paying off your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun and I am now onto making another payment on the house. Hopefully today!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh it sounds like you had an awesome trip. I am so happy you crazy girls can get together and have fun times. I loved seeing the pictures.
    Take a big breath and start pugging away (bits at a time) of all the stuff at home.
    Glad you got to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun, it would have been more fun if you were there.

      Delete
  3. God Bless, I am so glad you had such a lovely time. You richly deserve it!
    J. P. in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was relaxing and we laughed a lot. Hard to be home and back to work.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. right back at you. I can't pull up your blog it has a virus my protector spits it back. Check it out. I can't live without my Slugs.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics of you all! looks like you had a good time. that mortgage payoff is getting closer - not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you had a wonderful time Kim - your pictures are great. You so deserved the break away. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun, I wish it could have lasted longer but was grateful for the chance to go.

      Delete
  7. Love the photos!!!!!!!!!
    Were you in Ocean City, Maryland????
    So glad you had a blast.
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were. I had never been there before. I don't think I could handle it during high season. Too many people. I am not used to traffic, or crowds of any kind.

      Delete
  8. So much fun! You want to come to Minnesota next, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. I want Slugs and I to come up your way and we will go peruse all the places you and Hubby went on your anniversary. My parents coming from Sweden I am very into that. I was born in Moorhead, my mother taught schools in Minnisota when she first came over.

      Delete
  9. Such a variety of pictures showing your adventures! I'm most jealous of the coins. I'm a weirdo like that. I also envy your ability to get INTO the Edith Anne chair. And that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val you would have had so much fun with us. We have to come to your place and go on an adventure together. You can teach me to gamble and I will teach you to be a look out while I run and grab the change people drop in the drive through.

      Delete
  10. I know you had a wonderful time. Now I just want to know when y'all are going to head south . I have lots of bedrooms. (Summer is not a good idea. Even those of us who are used it become a tad bit irritable when it is 98 with 80 percent humidity and their is not a cloud in the sky )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may just get visitors or roaches depending on our mood. We have no humidity here so that is hard for me to understand.

      Delete
  11. click this over here now anchor a fantastic read Go Here check over here try this website

    ReplyDelete
  12. Site Web Dolabuy Goyard regardez plus d'informations jetez un Å“il ici redirectez-vous ici dolabuy ysl

    ReplyDelete