Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tuesday, Sheesh, give me a day will you?

  As my mother used to day,"Who opened the sluice gate?"  I think there were over 30 people in the shop yesterday.  Even hub's was amazed.  I easily made at least 40 trips up and down the stairs by mid afternoon.  I did not get any sewing done, so today I will be glued to that machine as soon as this post is up.  Nothing large came in just individual things of people who were waiting for me to get home.  Today I have also had work come in and and all of it has to be out by next week before I leave. Yikes!

     As the pile of sewing grew larger and larger all I thought was give me a day to recover will you?  Yes, I needed to recover from my vacation.  I had 7 loads of laundry including all the material I brought home.  Of course now there is a big basket of ironing staring at me. But I am happy to say all the Christmas material is washed and ready to pack away.  I brought home over 50 yards of material.  Can you believe that? 

     Of course Hubs had his agenda which included me.  But then I had one that included him. I wanted to go through the house room by room and make lists of what needed to be done to sell the house.  We of course got in a fight about this as he does not want to do anything. He does not want to spend any money and he is going to have to. I really hate doing any kind of home improvement with him as it is always a fight and I am biting my tongue the whole time.  His work is so slow and often sloppy.  I want perfection.  I know I am a terrible painter so let's have a professional come in.  We have always done almost everything ourselves and it is hard for either of us to have someone else do what we think we can do.  Anyway we finally got the list done, after he stomped up the stairs yelling. At least we have a list.  I also called a handy man service and I am waiting for the return call. Got a call into a light fixture guy fro light replacements.

     After Hub's melt down he wanted to get the garden stripped.  Really?  I have non stop customers and you want me outside mucking in the garden?  So on go the muck boots and and I put a sign on the shop door to come and find me or to call and I would come down.  We were able to get the garden stripped in about 2 hours.  It still needs some cleaning and then Hubs will till and cover the ground in chicken manure and old straw.  So that made Hubs happy. We also picked two large buckets of potatoes.

  I was able to get several things off the project list ad I even cleaned out my make up drawer. Quite proud of myself.  I used up two cans of oysters making stew for diner last night.  Two more things out of the pantry.  Tonight it will be a chicken dish  and rice to use up a package of Chinese chicken mix I bought on sale on a whim.  I am going to make meat loaves tomorrow to use up burger from freezer. I have no idea what I am going to do for a dessert, but I will go scare something out of the storage shelves. I always have to think ahead on Wednesday when I have to take a meal in.  I think the littles are coming tomorrow.  I also have to run to the studio tonight.  I don't mind as I will get a check to add to the house!
What a mess and Slugs gave me more makeup for my stock which was so nice.  Christmas early!

     Well I am off to get as much sewing done as possible.  Hubs schedule is filling up this month with the High School.  He is due in there at 2:30 today so dinner will be late this evening which is good as I will be at the studio.

     Wish me luck, this shop is over loaded. 

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

    

18 comments:

  1. Girl you must be wicked!!!! LOL - You know they say 'no rest for the wicked'. Just kidding.

    I loved my husband dearly and we had so many good times - BUT we did not work well together. Every time we did a job together I would end up in tears. Men and women - go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Hubs and I can work well together, but he is much slower than me and with his tremors he thinks he can still do things and he can't. We do some things well together, I just have to bite my tongue a lot.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what your time frame is for selling, but I wish we had done the necessary updating at a more leisurely pace, which would have spread out the costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours, is mostly painting, light fixtures, carpet. we are staring now.

      Delete
  3. Be careful of spending money on lighting since your choices might not suit the buyer. I thought your dream kitchen was going to be a forever kitchen. ??? I wonder how much HAS to be done. We bought a house that needed things done. It's great that you have business coming in even if it makes you crazy. That is quite a haul on the material. Are you sure you want/need to move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the house is too big and the yard is huge and steep. It is hard foe hubs to mow, The water bill can run over 400.00 a month in the summer. It is expensive to maintain.

      Delete
  4. I would just do cosmetic things. People buy your home and rip things out to make it there own. So don't put a lot of money into it.

    You make me tired just reading about all the work you do. You are absolutely
    Superwoman!

    And before I forget, MEN, they are all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing cosmetic things. But we might see if it would be better to sell as is.

      Delete
  5. I know what a whirlwind's name is. It's Kim! How do you do all of that? I am pretty sure I would have said some very ugly words about the garden and might suggest whoever wanted it done right then could do it himself.
    We have a list for getting our house ready to sell also. Not fun, but necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly thought about it. However it was on my list and it is done. I am not looking forward to the house remodel things. Actually mostly cosmetic.

      Delete
  6. If anyone ever needed more hours in a day, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your shop is busy, Kim. That's great. And how neat about the 2 buckets of potatoes. You have sure been busy lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well October is my busiest month of the year and we always travel in October.

      Delete
  8. OKay...DO NOT PAINT. Give them a paint allowance so they can paint it the colors they want. This is the time to have a stage person come in and point out what should be dealt with. We actually paid an appraiser to come in (not a realtor as the bank requires an appraiser) and tell us what it was worth and what was needed done so someone could get a loan on it... otherwise, go with your hubby and call it a handy man for sale.We made $60k even after giving the allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking in those terms myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.

    We Offer suitable financial services Globally,Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.Our passion is helping ones in need.Feel free to engage our leased facilities as We have provided over $2 Billion in business loans to over 25,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. * Personal loans, * Truck Loans * Car Loans * Real Estate Loans * Refinancing Loans * Debt consolidation loans * Education Loans * Farm Loans * Corporate Loans * Business Start-up Loans We offer loans from a minimum range of $5,000 to a maximum of $500 million, Better loan services Will give you loan with an affordable interest rate of 3% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Our aim is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services. Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved. Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable Email us via: betterloancompany@gmail.com.Better loan firm We are certified and offer fast and reliable services.(betterloancompany@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.

    We Offer suitable financial services Globally,Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.Our passion is helping ones in need.Feel free to engage our leased facilities as We have provided over $2 Billion in business loans to over 25,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. * Personal loans, * Truck Loans * Car Loans * Real Estate Loans * Refinancing Loans * Debt consolidation loans * Education Loans * Farm Loans * Corporate Loans * Business Start-up Loans We offer loans from a minimum range of $5,000 to a maximum of $500 million, Better loan services Will give you loan with an affordable interest rate of 3% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Our aim is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services. Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved. Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable Email us via: betterloancompany@gmail.com.Better loan firm We are certified and offer fast and reliable services.(betterloancompany@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete