Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday, the not want to get up addition

     Kim does not want to get up today.  I know you are all on pins and needles ( *snort* a seamstress term) wondering why?  Well let me tell you. I have a very good reason, or reasons.

1. I have too much sewing to do
2. I am getting anxious about this trip
3. it is overcast and cold

     The anxiety is building.  The sewing always makes me a little anxious, but this I can handle.  The travel not so much
  I am worried about the weather in Mexico, I am worried about Mexico. It is the end of the rainy season, and I don't want to be stuck at a resort inside for days on end while people complain about the weather. Personally I am used to the Oregon coast where it is overcast windy and rainy and I will walk the beach regardless.  I cannot change things so I guess worrying about it is a stupid waste of energy. Right?  Enough of that.

     I need to put my focus into the shop and get things done so I can leave and enjoy what I can as much as I can.   My kids would be saying, "Gee mom, this is a first world problem".  Yes I know, but allow me a little anxiety will you? 

     So today it is the shop and a lot of the shop.  I pulled out a large package of stew beef and I am going to make a large stew with enough leftovers for the meal I take to my friend on Wednesday.  I will also take them frosted cookies for dessert.  I am trying to plan ahead so I am not so stressed out. 

     Well it is off to the sewing room I go. I have no more excuses not to get things done.  I wish I could think of a few. Drat! I am coming up with nothing....

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. Don't worry, be happy. No one will kidnap you in Mexico because Hubs hasn't enough to ransom you!
    Get the sewing done and go enjoy your trip. I can't say it will be as exciting at the OC trip because I won't be there to keep you from being run over...lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish you would be with me. I would feel so much safer and happier.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get everything done and can enjoy your trip. Stew sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good and I got through about 1/2 of my sewing. That is good I think I will be able to finish up with most of it tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Worry never solved a problem so let it go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, why do we waste so much time on it?

      Delete
  4. The ACT of traveling would give me anxiety. I'm not a flyer. Had to be rescued once by a 4-seater Alaskan water-landing plane. It was still less stressful than a commercial flight for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are just meant to be home bodies. Your adventure is procuring your 44 oz. diet beverage every day. That is okay.

      Delete
  5. If I am suffering from anxiety, I resent anyone trying to talk me out of it. It is mine, so let me have it. Sewing would not cause me anxiety, but the amount you do might. That would be a bummer to pay to be in a place that is sunny AND I paid to be there and it was awful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a little worried about that. But I can walk in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will pray for you and that you have a great time with wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete