Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wednesday, I got a good day in!

     I was a able to knock out quite a bit of the pile yesterday.  I had to run to Jo anns for 4 zippers and I will try and get those done tonight after the littles leave.  I have also ripped the arms out of two dresses that need to come up in the shoulders.  I will have plenty of sewing to do tomorrow and Friday.  No rest for the wicked Cheryl at "Cheryl's frugal corner "reminded me.

     But I am blessed.  I had money left over from my trip and I was paid again by the studio owner.  There is only $1000.00 left on her loan.  I am anxious to see that in my past. So the house went down by $700.00.  I am getting closer.  I doubt I can put any more on the House this month as I have to save spending money for Cancun, we leave next Thursday evening.

     Yesterday I made the best orange chicken.  It was a little time consuming, but it sure was good and used up more pantry things. I am making two nice meat loaves today with baked potatoes and a vegetable.  I pulled two pie crusts out of the freezer (my last two) that I will make apple gavottes with.  That will be an easy dessert. I see a lot of beans in our future, as I have so many cans in the storage, it's a good thing we like beans.

     I no longer have to go down to the studio on Tuesdays as the new instructor seems to have her act worked out. I will just go down to sub for illness, which is fine with me.  I will be dropping our little neighbor girl off at dance today at 5 p.m. and then running dinner to my friend.  The little girls mother will pick her up.  We worked out this schedule as I can get her ready if we watch the littles on Wednesdays.  Kills two birds with one stone so to speak. Wednesdays will be busy days and everything on one day, then I know the rest of the week is clear of outside obligations except for the shop.

     I just ran in the shop and reinforced a buttonhole for a gentleman, and noticed that the shop is once again full of hunting clothes.  Piles all over and zippers galore.  It is that time of year.  I am winding down on Weddings and now it is outdoor clothing. Someone left 4 pairs of heavy levis in a box outside my door last night when I was at the studio.  I can't even leave home without  having work thrown at me.  Blessed I tell you.

     By the way Joanns has their marked down fabric another 30% off , so some of the nice quilting fabric can be about $2.00 a yard.  If you sew or quilt this is a good time to stock up on quilting fabric. Quilting is something I do not do a lot of, due to time restrictions and the fact that I cannot sew or cut a straight line.  Sluggy you are not allowed to go to Jo Anns.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim



    

11 comments:

  1. I knew you paid money on your mortgage because I have been watching it and noticed yesterday that it was about $6500. Hooray for the $1000. payment! You are getting closer and closer to that celebration. Yeah!

    Orange chicken is a pain but oh so good. We are also eating down our stockpile. We have not been eating out for a number of months, so I think we will get some fried chicken tomorrow or I will make it. Who knows! You have been cooking up a storm! Hubby would love your meatloaf. I rarely make it because I don't like it. It has something to do with my having to eat just awful dry meatloaf when I was a kid. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting excited about the payoff and it is seeming to take forever,of course I could stay home and that might help the payoff.

      Delete
  2. "[Y]ou cannot cut or sew a straight line." Is that a joke? Good job on getting so much business in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can look at and academy reward dress in an magazine. I can then cut out the pattern for the dress out of newspaper and duplicate it. If I try and quilt or cut anything out that is square like a patch or a curtain or a place mat. It is always crooked. Quilting makes me cry. I need to work on this skill. I think it is something about a three dimensional brain. Or no brain?

      Delete
    2. I can daft a pattern from a picture, too. But, I have been praised for my skill in cutting a straight line and sewing very straight seams and top-stitching. This boggles my mind.

      Delete
  3. I had orange chicken tonight, but it was packaged, trucked into the Walmart deli. I am 100% sure that yours was better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to say but it's so easy to make, but I can't.

      Delete
  4. My orange chicken comes form Trader Joe's. You're doing so good on keeping on top of it all after your fun time-which was mightily deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much to do today and tonight I am going over to halp Lil sis pack wedding things.

    ReplyDelete