Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday, I can only blame myself...


 I had a weekend to get things done that needed to be done, but did I use it to do those things?   No. I can't say I wasted my time, but I certainly could have used it more wisely.  And then again maybe not?

Now here it is Monday the shop is full and a wreck.  I have already had several phone calls and people here.  My desperate attempt on keeping up the piles and the small stuff did not work on Friday.  So I am once again going to attack the piles.

I am having trouble getting my phone to import pictures.  Don't know why, don't have time to mess with it.  Will have to call Hub's nephew to help me ,  Don't have time to do that either. 

I did get a few things done yesterday that have been bothering me. Like switched the summer shoes and winter shoes in the closet and cleaned it.  Put away storage boxes in the garage that were in the house. Found a place to store linens but have not switched crap out that belongs in the deck storage but maybe I can get to that later today. We will see.

I have way too much asparagus that was given to me and we will be eating that everyday this week. Just pulled pork chops out of the freezer for dinner.  Lil sis is to be home tonight so I don't have to water and feed the cats.

The deer have eaten down all the cabbages and the cucumbers I grew from seed are just not growing right,  So we ran to a garden center this morning for those.  If these cabbages are eaten we will just be able to grow them here.

Well my day is going to be full and I need to get busy.

Things to do:

1. get savings envelopes stuffed

2.run crap to goodwill I have not been able to sell.

3.take meat out for dinner

4. hem 6 shirts

5.clean and organize shop

6.get outdoor things in outdoor storage and put away linens

7. empty all the small trash cans in the house

8. fill  extra toilet paper holders in bathrooms after restock from garage

9. figure out what is next in shop and do it likely wedding dresses.

10. put flower boxes up on back deck

11. just get something done!!!!!!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed on Mondays?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

15 comments:

  1. Overwhelm Mondays... so true. Worse is when I am stupid enough to schedule dogs vet appts and blood work for both of us first thing on Monday. I know we won't get home until noon, eat lunch and wonder if there is enough energy left to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call that mid day wipe out, I just hope it does not become mid week wipe out.

      Delete
  2. I hear ya sister. Today was a day that if it could go wrong it did. UGH
    Sorry for your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I did have a great day, as far as sewing goes.

      Delete
  3. Having been busy on Saturday and not sleeping on Sat and Sun nights, I do feel overwhelmed. And, I suppose Tommy wants dinner! Sorry things were eaten in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must feed the beast. I have one here also.

      Delete
  4. I was pecking away and logged in by 7-and just calling it a day now at 6:00. Of course my work cell phone still can alert me to any emails or urgencies, but we got done what had to be done today. You'll get caught up. My house looks like a combination of hoarders, Clean Sweep before, and like a tornado blew in. But what can I do. I know, I'm going to walk with my girls by the river tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOy we have sister houses! You go for that walk the house will be there when you get back.

      Delete
  5. I have had a bunch of things scheduled for the past few Monday mornings. Starting the week with early Monday morning appointments gets my week all out of whack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my week started out of whack. I like that. That will be my excuse. Now what is a whack and where can I buy it?

      Delete
  6. Yep. Yep. Yep. I have a little notepad near my spot on the couch that I write my ToDo lists. I think that I will do them on the weekend, and then come MOnday they are still there!I was just thinking about the fact that suddenly it is almost June and we still have boots by our front door!I did organize the closet because I took all Peyton's things out to send with her to her house. At least there is some room now! Have a good day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Billie, you and I need to start a course on how not to procrastinate. But we are both too busy drinking coffee and diet coke to get it done. Will we change? Probably not.....

      Delete
  7. My way to dig out from being behind…in everything. Write it all down on a list, like you do. Then take 75% of it and assign it to next week. Then do the short list this week…picking off what you can off the other list. For me, I don’t like the stress of an impossible to do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, But, But , I have an impossible to do life....:0

      Delete