Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday, Great gift, Thrifty Thursday

     One of my clients, who is in her 90's used to make wedding cakes. She had these wedding trains to display her cakes on at trade shows.  She gave them to me and they have yards and yards of good lace.  SO I will pick this lace off and save it. I can do this in the evening when I watch junk TV.  Lace like this can be upwards of $45.00 a yard.  I am constantly using lace to lengthen straps and dresses and to cover where I have to make dresses larger. First of all you can't buy this here and then if you order you may not get it .I was so excited when she told me she had these.

Yesterday was crazy busy.  There was constantly someone in the shop.  SOMETIMES THEY WERE THREE DEEP. It is hard for me to stay focused when I have so many clients coming in.  I get less done and then I get distracted.  The ADHD comes out full tilt. It is frustrating. By the time 5 o'clock rolled around I still was not done with several suits I had to alter and the kids were here as daughter had to teach.  I had put a roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots so we all had dinner.

After son in law picked up kids,I had to go to Jo anns, as the wedding dress I thought I would get done yesterday, had not been touched and I needed material for her lace up back, that I did not have. It was about 7 when I left the house and I planned on making a quick trip to Lil sis's but I was so tired when I left Jo anns I did not go. As I came in the house Hubs asked if I was alright?  He is not very observant so I must have looked very tired. I told him I just felt so rung out and exhausted. Then he said, "Well you have had non stop clients here all day, I did not think they were ever going to stop coming." I still had 4 pair of cuffed pants to tailor tack and a coat to reattach lining. I finished those off and went to bed.  It was a very long day.

Thrifty Thursday:

1. saved all my change for my pig bank

2. saved all my $5 bills now have $1035.00

3. saved a $1,$5,$10,$20 bill

4. saved money in two of my 100 envelope money challenge.

5. used coupons at Jo anns when I went

6. cooked all meals from scratch with things in the pantries and freezers.  One meal we ate out I used a coupon and a gift card.

7. continued to find flower pots on sale, or use ones Lil sis had given me.

8. picked up many free items from Albertsons monopoly game.

9. reprieved (?) rescued? several perishable items from a food bank that was going to throw them away in order to make room for the next delivery.

10.found .67 cents in change

11.turned on air conditioner when it hit over 90 here, but turned it off at night

12. had hubs look in our misc. nuts and bolts holder for things he needed to attach a mirror to our driveway, saving him a trip to the hardware store.

13. made hubs go and look thoroughly through the shed for tree spray I knew we had and we found it, as he was going to buy more

14. searched on our gas buddy app for the cheapest place to fill up with gas.

I have already had a wedding dress and a brides maid dress in this morning. So my plan for today is to get the wedding dress I had wanted to get done yesterday done and then patch some pants and hem another bridesmaid dress and shorted and couple pairs of pants.  It would be nice to start on another wedding dress but I may not have the time.  I just hope I don't have so many int eruptions today.  Interruptions mean more work, but I also need to get things done. I am blessed with work.

What have you done to save money this week? Anything unusual?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative.

Kim


 

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't do that. It would drive me crazy and I would be screaming at people!! I feel over whelmed with all the thing I need to do around the house and yard - let alone dealing with others.
    I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well me and crazy fought it out a long time ago, but yesterday was calmer.

      Delete
  2. Why are you putting a mirror on your driveway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a long narrow driveway into our house that has a blind corner. This way you can see if anyone is backing up or coming in.

      Delete
  3. I never dreamed lace was so expensive! Rest up. girl. you deserve it@

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you were busy. I hope you get to rest a bit.

    Wow, lucky girl in getting all that lovely lace.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I picked off at least 20 yards last night.

      Delete
  5. Maybe consider offering certain “office” hours for drop off and pickups so that the shop is closed to the public except for those hours to allow you to work. Just a thought ❤️ Tebble S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do that but it is really not possible with this business. But thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  6. Those wedding trains are amazing & the lace is gorgeous. I save unpicking jobs like that until I am watching mindless TV too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take almost any vintage scrap, I use it alot and I bet you do too.

      Delete