Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday, Short week

 

Yes, here we are again stating another week. The house is relatively clean, I think I have conquered the dust, and I am back in the shop.  I will only be here 4 days this week as Signe' and I are taking her two kids to see Jethelyn over Memorial Day weekend.  We are going to bring James back with us for a week.

I am looking forward to time with my girls.  Braunwyn was here yesterday for several hours to help me finish up the garden and clean out the upper shed.  I have a load to take to the dump and many things to either give away or sell.

I can't believe the tools Hubs has. The boys will need to go through them and decide what they want then I will store the rest. I won't use them, but it is nice to have in case they are needed.

We had a great rainstorm last evening and we so needed the moisture.  It was 100 yesterday afternoon and it was hard to work outside.  B and I kept coming in to cool off. I spent late afternoon floating in Lil sis's pool it was lovely. 

I have been scouring the dead and dying racks to fill in my long flower bed with perennials that the animals will not eat. 

The music piece I have been practising is played much slower than I thought it would be, so much easier to play.  There are so many three and 4 note chords.  It is hard for me with my arthrits to stretch to many of the chords so I am changing them slightly.  Just much easier and I am relieved. 

Took a friend of mine to the Temple on Saturday and we had such a nice day.  We then went shopping for a while and found her some really cute things. I can't wait to do something like this with her again.  It was a nice way to spend a Saturday away with just the two of us.

Sluggy must be off on her cruise, and I hope she can have fun without me.  But I should have been with her, I think. Who will she do carrot cake runs with at 10 o'clock at night? I know she will miss me.

I have 5 bridesmaid dresses to get done, and a pair of pants, a coat to mend and a couple of shirts to alter.  Then I must look at the wedding dresses again. I am so happy I have cut off work until next month.  I am so much calmer, and it is wonderful.

Stayed up way too late last night reading and I am paying for it today.

Kelsa and I have been out riding the little kids 4-wheeler, and her bike, and I resprayed the weeds I had sprayed before the rainstorm, then we picked up all the Roscoe poo.  Kelsa loves that job.  I hate it, but it must be done. She thinks it is great fun.  She walks around and finds is and then I pick it up in a bag and we throw it away. I think I have the rotten end of the job.  But as long as she thinks it is fun, it gets me to keep up on it.

I now need to empty and clean the bottom shed which is huge and then the garage.  But those two projects will involve Nate and Daniel. After they are done, I will feel like I have done what I could to organize this place without Joel.

I hate that he is gone.  It is so very hard.

Kim.

26 comments:

  1. Hugs, dear Kim. It is hard. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I was nodding my head at the last few sentences. The last places I cleaned out were the attached garage and his detached garage. And then all I did was remove what I wanted to keep, and did an estate sale for all the rest. There was too much stuff and it wasn’t anything I could use…even going into the garage made me sad. Once they were empty, I didn’t feel any new sadness, interestingly enough. It was easier actually. When I would go out to his full garage, I kept expecting to look over and see him sitting at his desk. Once the garage was empty, I didn’t have that feeling anymore. Happy Memorial Day! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you too Hilogene. Virtual hugs from across the ocean and then some.

      Delete
    2. Yeah it is hard, I am having an off day.

      Delete
  3. You've got this Kim. There are so many loved ones to be there for you when you are sad. Virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a short week and get to do some visiting - that is always a nice way to de-stress.
    100 degrees is hot! Yuck. Hope the rain helped to cool it off some.
    I am 4 years out and have not started the garage. Hubs was a mechanic for over 30 years and talk about tools. Those big red tool boxes - taller than me - oh my!
    One of these days. I figure they aren't costing me anything and aren't eating anything - so I will get to it when I get to it!!!! LOL
    Don't work too hard and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son in law buys those big red tool boxes and restores them. Funny hobby.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are making good progress, and it's nice to have time with the family, and for planned breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tools are a good thing to have. Even if you don't use them, someone else can use them for you. That is just about too hot to even be outdoors. Another good reason I don't have a dog--poop scooping. Maybe one day you can entirely turn that job over to Kelsa. I am glad you have removed the stress of more sewing. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to re-read your comment there Kim ... about how you are so glad you cut off work until next month - how much calmer you now feel. I think you need to remember this for future - when you are feeling bogged down & stressed with work. In fact - write it out & stick it on your fridge!!! Hopefully dear little Kelsa will be able to take over the dog-poop duties once she's a bit older. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well once she realizes the stinky part she may not!

      Delete
  8. I have to admit I was laughing at the poop pickup scenario.
    I am so glad you limited your jobs this month and echo some of the above comments. Continue to do that!
    Have fun with your girls
    Anne, commenting from my phone which will not connect with my blogger name🖤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are making progress, Kim. 100 degrees! 😳 Sounds hot there already! Yikes! Stay cool out there and don’t work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was blistering. Usually I don't mind the heat but this was above and beyond.

      Delete
  10. (((HUGS))). You are keeping busy and doing what needs doing and that is all that can be asked of you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My weeks just merge. My list is growing, but a few things have gotten done. I feel overwhelmed but better than feeling nothingness. Let's go on a cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay let's. Pick one out, I am game. Maybe get Slug and Anne to go with us. But be prepared to laugh way more than you cry. We can also cry. Today is a bad day for me.

      Delete
    2. Damn phone. Anne🖤

      Delete
  12. I am sure she will never want to change jobs!

    ReplyDelete