Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday, Cleaning, cleaning

 

This is me but I look worse. All I have left to do in the four main rooms is clean the kitchen and do the kitchen floor.  I will still have to deep clean and polish the copper in one part of the kitchen, but I am awaiting the delivery of copper polish.

Then it is onto the bedrooms and bathrooms, which are not as bad as I shut the doors to these rooms.  I did notice the navy bath towels in the master bath were dusty, so they are in the washer right now.

I have two more people to pick up today and one is a bride dress. If I get the housework done, I have many new plants to plant.  That is my carrot today I get to go outside and play in the dirt.

I still have two small sewing projects I should get done, but I might just wait until next week. See how I am?

It is 1:21 in the afternoon and I just made myself eat a yogurt. I just am not hungry, and I have to force myself to eat unless it is candy or chips. Seriously need to rethink this diet.

My daughter (youngest) is coming on Sunday after church to help me plant the garden and clean out the upper shed. It is a disaster and so many items in there I will never use.  I will see if Nate wants them and then sell of give away.  Joel had a large leaf vacuum and blower that is too big for me to use.  Also, a large weed eater, that I cannot drag around. I bought smaller tools that I can handle.  Joels toolbox needs to be gone through and organized as I will keep those. But I need things put back in such a way that I can get things out without killing myself.  Right now, it is taking your life in your hands to go out there.

My shop is a horrid mess, and I really should put that on the list, but if I get the house really clean then it will just be a quick pick up and I can face that later.  Isn't it always about facing something later in my life?

Well onward and upward, I am going into finish the kitchen. Might just take a nap.

Kim is smiling about the nap.



23 comments:

  1. It sounds like a nap is in order. Just take a bite at a time and the work will get done. Do not overwhelm yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my son gets here, his priority will be to purge and organize the garage. I can't get to the mower and need it. I got behind hiring that out, but with him here, he'll do it. Outdoor stuff is as much chaos as indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled for a few years after my husband died with a sh.. lawn mower then I got a JD riding mower which I love. Starts every time. My other I’d cry! I’m not mechanical but now actually love mowing my lawn. Like Kim I’ve now got smaller great battery yard tools that at 69 I can handle. I have actually found yard work therapeutic and I’m not an outdoorsy type! Just today I was looking at a battery operated law mower which have gotten really good. If you have a fairly small yard. I was looking for at my lake cabin. The yard is smaller there and I can’t pull start the push mower and I really don’t want to wait for help, hate being on someone’s time/asking for help still. Although my kids and grandkids are very willing to help.

      Delete
    2. I was able to get through one of the sheds tis weekend. How many saws can a man own?

      Delete
  3. You are doing great Kim ... you may not think so right about now ... but you are! I have a cleaning day ahead of me too. Its raining here so I can't go outside & work & I can no longer put off the inside. I have lit the fire to warm the house first. Wishing you a productive day Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a huge rainstorm last night and boy did we need it!

      Delete
  4. What Julie said. You are doing great, even if you don't realize it in the moment. So impressed with how you continue to put one foot in front of the other, even when you're not sure if the direction you're heading in is perfect. Maybe it's not, but it's progress, and eventually, you will find the direction you need to head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well Kim. Thought I should let you know that I forgot to put.... Drain the lentils before adding the rest of the ingredients. Sorry about that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, you finally got to be in your happy place/state of mind--cleaning. I would have loved to get out of cleaning by sewing instead. Big tools are just useless to me. I had a guy get a hammer for me with me paying for it. He bought a 16 oz hammer! Of course, I was paying for him to use it, so I said nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate indoor chores with a vengeance. Kudos to you for cleaning so much. Take a break and be easy on yourself. Thanks for reminding me to wash the towels. The towel hamper is full (yeah, I have three hampers; one for undies, one for general stuff and one for towels).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby went battery operated after Son2 did. I can handle the riding lawnmower and even the compact tractor IF the mower is already on it. I will be learning this summer how to attach and unattach the tractor mower, bucket, fork plow blade (in rear) and buzz saw....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Grab a throw blanket, and snuggle under it for a nap! I insist!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had time for both a nap and playing in the dirt! Seems like a lot of progress to have a sink, new floors and an almost clean home ;). I am in my new townhouse as of yesterday. I borrowed two lawn chairs for the empty living room ;). Movers come next Friday so I will have a week with my dog, an air mattress, two lawn chairs, two folks, a spoon and of course, coffee stuff. Makes cooking and cleanup a breeze ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typo. I have two forks, not two folks. Hilogene in Az

      Delete
  11. But I feel like my ship has a hole in it somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is all I really dirty is silverware as I am not cooking.

    ReplyDelete