Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Tuesday, I got some things done!


 I was able to get many things done on the list yesterday but finally had to stop with one dress left as my back gave out about 6:00 last night.

It is cold and rainy again, but I will take it as it keeps me inside and we need to rain. I do not have to water when it rains.  One less thing to do.

Missionaries came over this morning and did a ton of yard work.  4 young men for two hours can knock out a good deal of work. I was grateful, and they were happy to have some physical activity.

We had a huge thunder, lightning and hailstorm yesterday. Kelsa came running to the shop and said, "Grandma, come look it is Merry Christmas!" We did not get as much hail as downtown where it ruined a lot of flowers.  I lost a few but not that many.

I will be so happy when I feel like the yard is at even keel then I can relax and just water.  But there are still many more hours of work out there. Cheryl's post reminded me of just how much there is to do when you are by yourself, and it all depends on you. Thanks goodness I really like to be outside, and I like yard work.

I was really quite down when I got home from Hawaii.  I had looked forward to the trip and then when I got home it was so hard to be alone.  Also, the yard work was so overwhelming, and I just really sank.  But I am feeling so much better now.  Thankful for great kids and the help I have received. I am very blessed.

I have had the grandkids quite a bit and I don't mind at all as they keep me happy, and I find I can get quite a bit of sewing done even with them here. I love being able to help my kids. 

I was asked to accompany the ward choir in June, so I am having to practice a piece every day.  I have not accompanied a choir since high school.  I did several years of children's groups, but there you are just playing the melody which is easier.  Also playing hymns is melody.  When you play accompaniment, it is not melody and much harder for me. But it gives me a purpose which I like.

Today's list:

1. Hem a prom dress

2. hem a bridesmaid dress

3. hem a bridesmaid dress

4. darts in a prom dress

5. darts in a prom dress

6. darts and mend a prom dress

7. alter a dress

8. hem a pair of jeans

9. hem a pair of jeans

10. hem a pile of jeans

Let's see what Kim can get done before her back starts to holler. 

My shop desperately needs to be cleaned and I really need to stop and do that soon. 

But tomorrow I have to work on the piles as they are taking over the floor and bugging me. If Sissy were here she would have a fit!

I had to go yesterday and get my license plates renewed. They were expired and I don't know how that had happened. Joel always put on the stickers, but I took care of the book work.  Don't know if it slipped through the mail or what?  Anyway, I am street legal again. Just in case you were worrying...

Have a great and productive day.  Haven't said that in a while.

Kim

30 comments:

  1. Don't you love how small children make connections. If it looks like snow, then it is Christmas! Free watering is worth a few flowers since they will recover. At least you have Kelsa for company as she is probably much easier to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grandbaby is so darn cute!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know why sluggy's blog is closed, open only to invited readers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ran in to the same problem. I hope she is okay.

      Delete
    2. I just checked and I cannot read her blog either. I hope she is ok. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    3. I just checked Sluggy's blog and had the same problem. Really strange, since yesterday it was fine when she posted, and she hasn't said anything about having problems or going to a "private" format.

      Delete
    4. I checked Sluggy's blog just now (10 May, 0755 PST) and her blog is still closed. Suz In WA

      Delete
    5. I just checked Sluggy's blog and yes it is closed.

      Delete
    6. I was going to ask also about Sluggy's blog also. She is probably wondering why no one is reading.

      Delete
  4. Those littles can sure make everything seem alright! Their smiles and laughs - just what is needed sometimes. The yard work is overwhelming - but I am doing what I can, a little at a time, and will pay someone to do what I can't.
    You sure keep busy girl! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous grand baby and wide-eyed wonder! She’s a good reason to be on your toes.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelsa is so cute! Glad you posted her photo today. I needed a smile. I am even more glad you had four strapping young lads working in your yard;). That was a huge help! When we lived in Oregon I would hire one of my coworkers teenage sons. He did work in a few hours that would have taken us days! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little Kelsa sure is cute! It’s so nice that you all help each other.. family is a great thing to have! And I’m sure all your yard work will be done in time, best wishes with the crops! I’ve been planting too, such a hopeful activity every year, isn’t it? After all, we have no idea if this year will be hot and dry or cool and rainy… 🤷‍♀️ Fingers crossed that it’ll be a great summer for our veggies!🤞If I lived closer I’d come help you tidy your studio! Xo, Ricki in NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not planted my garden yet, but hope to soon.

      Delete
  8. grandbabies are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often have a real funk, after a vacation I've been looking forward to. It usually takes me a few days to get back into the groove. Hope you get lots of grandkid snuggles, time in the yard, & time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really hard to come back and face reality!

      Delete
  10. My goodness Kelsa is adorable!
    I am so glad you had some missionaries to lend a hand with some of the outdoor work.
    It is hard to recover from a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to get so much really hard work done.

      Delete
  11. Kelsa is the cutest!! The first couple of days after a vacation are a bit brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I hated coming home to an empty house.

      Delete
  12. Kim, Keeping you in my heart. You're getting so much accomplished. I know what you mean about being home with an empty house. At some point I'll add a post. My kids lives are whirling. Work-life is whirling. I feel I'm just on a treadmill going no where in my personal life. I sent Sluggy a FB private message. Hope she is ok and just technical issues on her blog.

    ReplyDelete